New acoustic on it's way!

Started by Johnny Robbo, August 09, 2016, 06:09:15 AM

Groundy

Great to get new toys aye John, Cant wait to hear it.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

SteveB

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on August 09, 2016, 09:14:36 PMSteve, I've seen a lot of guys use the sound hole covers to reduce the body feedback of an acoustic electric when playing live but they usually have some sort of adjustment so you can vary the opening. This looks flexible and easy to install and if it keeps the family happy, you have a winner!

Farrell

Well, Farrell, I obviously need to get out more!  :o
I honestly can't recall seeing one of these until a month ago.
They're dang sweet, and I think I need better spectacles. :-[
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SteveB

I thought, I'd better do a 'search' first to see if anyone's been here before, and lo and behold, I've been here myself! Anyhow, the thing is, I've always lusted after a 'Hummingbird' acoustic, beautiful-looking things, but the price, even the Epiphone ones turned my bowels to water. And then I was idly searching Thomann, and I saw this. Oooh, I thought, yes. And the question was going to be, has anyone else plunged into the Harley-Benton world? I now see that everyone has. Me – late as usual! But oh, what quality for such a price? Plays well. Sounds well. How do they do it? And that purchase was actually several months ago, and I'm now going to be dipping my toe/axe back into recording, and with this having an onboard pick up, I found out yesterday that all my 9volt batteries are dead. I now await an Amazon delivery. Oh, well.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Zoltan

Quote from: SteveB on July 26, 2023, 01:43:50 AMhas anyone else plunged into the Harley-Benton world?

I'm avoiding the temptation because i have too many guitars and too much addictions towards F -type guitars with the original logo and certain countries of origin.

For those who only like great guitars, sounds without paying too much i'm sure HB is the way to go. There are so many people playing with those and enjoying them. A lot of variety too.

The HB stuff (or i think it's branded as Behringer, but still under the HB) are the effect pedals and especially synth stuff that i might plunge into again at some point. I used to have the Model-D synth and that was fab.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the guitar to no end.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

2016!

There's no GAS like old GAS!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on July 26, 2023, 01:43:50 AMI thought, I'd better do a 'search' first to see if anyone's been here before, and lo and behold, I've been here myself! Anyhow, the thing is, I've always lusted after a 'Hummingbird' acoustic, beautiful-looking things, but the price, even the Epiphone ones turned my bowels to water. And then I was idly searching Thomann, and I saw this. Oooh, I thought, yes. And the question was going to be, has anyone else plunged into the Harley-Benton world? I now see that everyone has. Me – late as usual! But oh, what quality for such a price? Plays well. Sounds well. How do they do it? And that purchase was actually several months ago, and I'm now going to be dipping my toe/axe back into recording, and with this having an onboard pick up, I found out yesterday that all my 9volt batteries are dead. I now await an Amazon delivery. Oh, well.

Steve, several years ago I bought a PRS copy from Harley Benton (Thoman).... anyway, guys on the site were talking about them and there is a man who used to be very active on here that has his own youtube show and does lessons and things and is quite pro.  He talked about them one day on his you tube channel.  JohnRobo or something like that...
he got too busy to come on the site much anymore.  but he mentioned that they are quality instruments.  He said they are not cheap but inexpensive.  Look, I would like to buy the real deals, I have had a Gibson Les Paul Standard which I could not afford now... but I bought a Epiphone Les Paul 7 or 8 years ago and I love it as much as my Gibson...
back to my HB  electric... I like it alot...and use it alot... however I would recommend a pro set up... I still haven't gotten mine done but overall it plays very well and stays in tune pretty good... I don't often used the whammy bar...
btw, I have an Epiphone Humminbird... it sounds great... I found mine at a pawn shop for around 240 but I had to spend about 60 to get it to play right... mine however has no pickup in it.  So I seldom use it live.  Don't know if this helps.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SteveB

Quote from: Ted on July 27, 2023, 11:20:59 PM2016!

There's no GAS like old GAS!

Just wanted to feel included.  :D

And I'm back today, Jan 2024 to re-upload an image.
I think I may have cracked the code.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

SteveB

Quote from: Zoltan on July 27, 2023, 02:16:50 AM
Quote from: SteveB on July 26, 2023, 01:43:50 AMhas anyone else plunged into the Harley-Benton world?

I'm avoiding the temptation because i have too many guitars...

No you don't. No one has!  :D  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

ODH

Quote from: StephenM on July 30, 2023, 10:50:18 AMJohnRobo or something like that...

Jonny was a big advocate for HB and turned a number of us to them. I bought a SC (Les Paul) from the more budget end of (even) their range. I still have it eight years on, nice instrument. It has big gauge strings and is tuned down two stops to D.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

Quote from: ODH on January 30, 2024, 12:10:34 PM
Quote from: StephenM on July 30, 2023, 10:50:18 AMJohnRobo or something like that...

Jonny was a big advocate for HB and turned a number of us to them. I bought a SC (Les Paul) from the more budget end of (even) their range. I still have it eight years on, nice instrument. It has big gauge strings and is tuned down two stops to D.

I'm a regular viewer of John Robson's channel on YouTube. He's recently bought a HB twin humbucker Tele-style which he seems very keen on.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800