Can anyone identify this song?

Started by ODH, August 03, 2016, 01:07:24 PM

ODH

I recorded three German language tracks off the John Peel show in 1980 (give or take).  I was in the habit of ending the recording before the DJ cut in (even when it was my spiritual father, John Peel).

Ever since then I've loved these tracks but had no clue about who they were by.  I have spent a disproportionate amount of time on YouTube and the like trying to find a clue which will lead me to their identities, and I've discovered a lot of good music in the process, but no luck with these ones.  I'd like to hear more.

Is there anyone that can shed any light on this for me (please)?

[I'm hoping that I'm not contravening any rules, here, but I can see that it's possible]
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

ODH

Here's the second one

ODH

The third one

[attachments removed at 64's request]

Oldrottenhead

i don't remember any of these songs, and i used to religiously tape the peel show every night. german bands i can recall from his show where die totten hosen (the dead trousers) xmal deutschland and D.A.F. band isnt DAF. don't think it's the other two tho not certain.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Does this help?

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Germany:_Sessions

Also, this site lists the sessions for each year. Or you can view them by artists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/sessions/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: ODH on August 03, 2016, 01:07:24 PM[I'm hoping that I'm not contravening any rules, here, but I can see that it's possible]

These are copyright-protected recordings, which we don't allow on our server. Please upload the files somewhere else (alonetone, weebly, etc.). Then you can link to them here using the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags so people can listen, and you won't get us into trouble for hosting copyright-protected recordings.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pete C

Had a listen Nick but can't help... thought I'd found the second one as I managed to pick out the words of the chorus- "Irgendwo, irgendwo, hör' ich Musik in Stereo". Went on Google Germany and did a search - got a link to a forum where someone had been trying to find the same song in 2007 but unfortunately nobody posted an answer ! Any German Songcrafters you could ask?
I remember Peel playing Die Toten Hosen and Xmal Deutschland (as ORH also remembers) - also recall him playing stuff by Einsturzende Neubauten but I don't think any of the 3 are by them.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Thanks for taking the time to listen, everyone.  And thanks for the peel wikia link, 64G, I wasn't aware of that one.

There was a lot of good music in the German Post Punk (I suppose you might call it) scene at that time, I guess these were three small bands.

I went to an Xmal Deutschland gig back at that time, in Cardiff.

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 03, 2016, 02:30:35 PMThese are copyright-protected recordings, which we don't allow on our server.

Thought that might be the case, I've removed the files.

ODH