Living on a Thin Line... collab?

Started by Mike_S, July 19, 2016, 03:02:12 PM

Mike_S

Living On A Thin Line Tk 3 - 24:07:2016, 19.57
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have been trying to get something done for the Kinks fest...

Not been finding it easy and not sure why... on the surface their songs don't seem too difficult but i have aborted 2 now as i couldn't play them... this is my third attempt. Not brilliant so far but i was thinking it might be ok with some additions from someone else.

I think there could be a few ways of doing it... open to suggestions tho. I was thinking there is room for another vocal, we could pan one left and one right?? there is room for additional guitar, maybe doing something a bit more interesting?

Some parts are not great I think, the change part about 3/4 way through is pretty iffy, but i found the alleged chords on a web site and it didn't sound right to me so i did my own thing - still not great. Another option could be to just use my drum part and build it up again from scratch??

Anyway any thoughts / takers welcome

Cheers  :)

Mike

Edit: Tried to fix the dodgy change towards the end, its a good bit better now i think. Also did a better bass line line now.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Sounding good to me Mike,,
Well done........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs