"A Hard Listen III: Arm of Owie" by Lurker & Blooby

Started by Blooby, July 10, 2016, 06:28:13 PM

Blooby

Arm of Owie_128 c
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John came over for the first time since he angrily hit a car with his ribs. His voice is more than intact, and we recorded something, but before I sit down to mix that, I thought I'd post one more oddity that may prove difficult to stomach. I set up the iPad to go through the same guitar effects that I used for "A Hard Listen II: Avalanche Run." John (Lurker) made two passes, one with organ and one with strings, while I tinkered with the effects on the fly. I then rearranged matters in the DAW. The finale amuses me to no end.

More weirdness. This, too, shall pass.

Blooby

kenny mac

I can imagine this being played in a scene from one of my favorite films,Mel Brooke's Young Frankenstein lol.
Very interesting use of sounds.
Cool stuff.
Well done guys

Johnny Robbo

This is astounding! It has a symphonic quality to it... seriously, it's THAT good! In places it reminds me of a Miles Davis album "In A Silent Way" & elsewhere there are shades of Elgar's Cello Concerto in Em. Masterful stuff, chaps!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

ODH

My head kept drawing comparisons with Tomita, maybe the Engulfed Cathedral.

It's a beautiful thing though, and what a great surprise on a Monday morning.

This site is a box of chocolates.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

Hell yea, extremely cool composition. To me if feels like you into duce a cliche and than expand on it brilliantly & then you introduce another cliche and take it elsewhere.  Well done guys.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

That's a very cool and weird composition - with a hanging chord at the end :-) Super :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

Loved this right from the first note! Cello and keys give a "dramatic flavor" to this! Awesome job both on performance and composition! I take a bow!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Captain Nemo played wildly as the Nautilus swam deep into the abyss . The music drew the creatures from the deep. The mermaids applauded Nemo who could be seen through the porthole waving his head in a disturbing fashion in time with music he was playing as the Nautilus passed by........that is what it brought to my mind .. Excellent!! ... I'm going splash back in for another listen while I brush my teeth ....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

Interesting and captivating the organ, cello and electronica combine to draw you into gothic sounds cape,  cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80