"A Hard Listen II: Avalanche Run"

Started by Blooby, July 09, 2016, 08:04:32 PM

Blooby

A Hard Listen II - Blooby_224
Time:
0:00
Volume:

One of those "had-no-intention-of-posting" posts. On the one hand, I am fully cognizant at how pretentious and self-indulgent this is.  On the other, I can't help but enjoy stuff like this.  Although edited, all guitar sounds were recorded live with the following signal chain I feverishly jotted down on a napkin one day:

The M9 dates back a six months, but this is my first run-through with it. That would be a little insight into how screwed up I can be. The drone is a reversed loop at half speed to lower it an octave. Amazing all the stuff that M9 can do.

A showcase for the effects on this one as the playing in pretty sparse. The flute was the only overdub, but I did drop everything a step or so in pitch.

Blooby

cuthbert

Fantastic soundscape - I was drawn right in. It sounds so polished it's difficult to believe it's nearly entirely live - man, you make that guitar and those boxes sing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thetworegs

A wonderful piece I throughly enjoyed Bravo!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

What a cool soundscape ,some serious atmospher. Very cool stuf.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on July 10, 2016, 07:41:28 AMWhat a cool soundscape ,some serious atmospher. Very cool stuf.
Rock on!

Thanks. I purposely left in some ring modulator for you. No joke.

Blooby

Hook

Your a badass!
You mentioned siting on that pedal for while. I've had that new cajon for 2 months, a keytar sitting in the corner...oh and some supposedly working bagpipes(2nd times a charm). I also bought a br600 (no need for it what so ever!!!) For $60 about 8 months ago cause it was there. What the fuck is wrong with me?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on July 10, 2016, 07:50:17 AMYour a badass!
You mentioned siting on that pedal for while. I've had that new cajon for 2 months, a keytar sitting in the corner...oh and some supposedly working bagpipes(2nd times a charm). I also bought a br600 (no need for it what so ever!!!) For $60 about 8 months ago cause it was there. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I have gone pedal crazy lately. I am scouring YouTube daily for unusual finds, spending money I just don't have.

I hear you.

Blooby

Redler

I like the atmosphere on this! The tones sound so dynamic and good!

Very enjoyable listening!

(This is causing gas ;)  )
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

This is so good,I love the sounds on this,it's very earthy,somehow it relaxes me when I sit and listen to this.
I can imagine footage of greenery and waterfalls to this soundscape.
It's got such a cool relaxing vibe to it .
Magic.

tonyc

love this type of music very calming great sound , recorded well .......tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16