New HTML5 MP3 players and Jukeboxes

Started by 64Guitars, July 04, 2016, 12:15:10 AM

64Guitars

Great news!

I finally got the member jukeboxes to include songs that are hosted offsite. The way it currently works is that it looks for an attached MP3 file in the first message of the topic. If it finds one, it includes it in the jukebox as it's always done. But if there is no MP3 attached to the post, then it scans the body of the message for [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags and uses the URL found between the first pair it finds (any subsequent singlemp3 tags in the message are ignored). Note that if a message has both an attached MP3 and singlemp3 tags, only the attached MP3 will be included in the jukebox. Also, it only looks for singlemp3 tags. Offsite files that use other players (SoundClick, SoundCloud, ReverbNation, Mixposure, 4shared, and Mikseri) are not included in the member jukeboxes.

Currently, this new feature only applies to the member jukeboxes. When I have time, I'll get the Latest Songs, On This Day, and Overlooked Gems jukeboxes to include offsite files as well.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

WOW

You are amazing good Sir !!

Thank you for all your good work to make this the greatest site on the web !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Good one 64 now I can listen more on the iPhone cheers

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

64Guitars

The Latest Songs, On This Day, and Overlooked Gems jukeboxes now include offsite files too.

The Overlooked Gems jukebox now has 396 songs in it, compared to 139 songs before I made the change. That's partly because there are a lot of offsite files included now, and it's partly because I removed a 5-year time limit on which files are included. I don't remember why I had that time limit on it. Maybe I didn't want to have so many files that people would feel overwhelmed by it. In any case, I decided to remove the limit, so now it includes all songs ever posted by current members which currently have less than 3 replies.

Anyway, have a listen to some overlooked gems and post a comment if you can.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Dude, you are the coolest of cool!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

Wowsers - that's MIGHTY COOL, nice one :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

64Guitars

For attached MP3s, the MP3 player will now display the song title and artist, along with other information pulled from the MP3 file and its ID3v2 tags. So please make sure you include appropriate information in the ID3 tags of your MP3 file before attaching it to your message.

You can edit your ID3 tags in many audio editors, such as Audacity. Or you can use a separate Tag Editor program. I use EasyTAG, which is available for Linux and Windows. But there are many more tag editors available, and a lot of them are free. This Wikipedia page lists a few:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_editor#List_of_tag_editors

If you want to change the tags of a previously-uploaded MP3, you'll have to replace the attachment. To do that, edit your message and un-check the old MP3 attachment. Then attach the new, updated file to your message.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Thanks 64G !!

One question...... If we replace a file will the song appear on the new date in the OTD jukebox or will the time of the original post be the time stamp for the attachment?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

The date of a song post is whenever the topic was created. This can't be changed, even when the message is edited (there's a separate "modified" time for that). So changing the attachment won't affect the automatic jukeboxes (member jukebox, Latest Songs, On This Day, and Overlooked Gems). However, whenever you replace a song that's in one of the festival jukeboxes, it will stop working in that jukebox because the URL for the attachment will change. In that case, just let one of the admins know and we'll update the festival jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

If you've used the Song Info box in your post, the song title is redundant now if it's also being displayed from the ID3 tags. If you want to fix it, just remove the song title from after the equal sign in the opening tag (but don't remove the equal sign).

Before:

[song=Same Old Blues]
Written by J.J. Cale

Music by 64Guitars         Vocals by oldrottenhead
[/song]

After:

[song=]
Written by J.J. Cale

Music by 64Guitars         Vocals by oldrottenhead
[/song]

recorder
Zoom R20