Converse wah-wah trainers

Started by 64Guitars, June 22, 2016, 09:54:37 PM

bruno

Quote from: Hook on June 26, 2016, 05:48:02 PMFlange and distortion in each heel also.
Rock on!
A spring reverb would be cool, every time you walked, you'd get that lovely rattle like when you knock an amp with a spring reverb engaged :-) You'd be more static on stage than Mark Knopfler.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Quote from: Blooby on June 27, 2016, 02:17:13 PM
Quote from: kenny mac on June 26, 2016, 02:54:13 PMI been electrocuted before with a les paul and it's not funny,this is madness.

Please share.
Yeh blooby, although I don't have the actual footage I can tell the story thankfully.
It was a les paul deluxe and I had got it cheaper from the shop because the neck had been repaired,that old les paul snap at the headstock thing because of the shape.
I was playing through a wem dominator amp and was about 19.
Unknown to me a wire had come loose at the plug and I was just about to jam along to some stuff,I heard a slight hum but thought nothing of it.
BAm.....1st touch of the strings and it was thrown off onto my bed and I was standing there with hair like the dude from A flock of seagulls lead singer.
Now stupidly as the guitar lay there buzzing and take into consideration I'm only 19 I looked at it curiously there lying on the bed and touched the strings again. BAM,
stupid thing to do.
But it could have been worse .

Blooby

Quote from: kenny mac on July 07, 2016, 06:00:49 AM
Quote from: Blooby on June 27, 2016, 02:17:13 PM
Quote from: kenny mac on June 26, 2016, 02:54:13 PMI been electrocuted before with a les paul and it's not funny,this is madness.

Please share.
Yeh blooby, although I don't have the actual footage I can tell the story thankfully.
It was a les paul deluxe and I had got it cheaper from the shop because the neck had been repaired,that old les paul snap at the headstock thing because of the shape.
I was playing through a wem dominator amp and was about 19.
Unknown to me a wire had come loose at the plug and I was just about to jam along to some stuff,I heard a slight hum but thought nothing of it.
BAm.....1st touch of the strings and it was thrown off onto my bed and I was standing there with hair like the dude from A flock of seagulls lead singer.
Now stupidly as the guitar lay there buzzing and take into consideration I'm only 19 I looked at it curiously there lying on the bed and touched the strings again. BAM,
stupid thing to do.
But it could have been worse .

I am glad it worked out. I have a similar story, plugging in fish tanks while I was standing barefoot in a spilled puddle of water.

I had a roommate in college named Mike who was a bit of a character.  He had a car called something like a Mitsubishi Starion, but he had a BMW key chain, which he would display proudly on any table, bar top, whatever in his attempts to pick up women. He looked quite a bit like Steve Perry of Journey fame and would primp his hair quite a bit.

Anyway, he was in a band that used to do "Do You Feel Like We Do?" by Peter Frampton. At one gig, he was about to do the big talk box solo-I have an image of him blowing a kiss or perhaps shooting the finger gun while winking at some good looking woman. When he put his mouth up to the microphone/plastic tube, he electrocuted himself and flew back on his rear end.

He ended up fine. Eventually, Mike moved to Hollywood and worked on some TV and movies behind the scenes. Somewhere, I have an picture of Larry Manetti (Rick from Magnum P.I.) he sent from California, and it's autographed to my pet iguana I had at the time.

Blooby

kenny mac

[/quote]

I have an picture of Larry Manetti (Rick from Magnum P.I.) he sent from California, and it's autographed to my pet iguana I had at the time.

Blooby

[/quote] lol I love how you just throw that into the mix.   ;D ;D