A friend was killed this weekend.

Started by Davo, April 24, 2009, 08:26:54 PM

drutgat

Davo,
I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Don't forget that grief/mourning is a developmental thing, i.e. it progresses over time. But, it is still not linear, i.e., you might find yourself thinking about your friend more in a year's time than you do right now. I would say just go with it. And if you, or anyone else is having problems, you might want to try to find someone professional to help you (but I'm a psychotherapist, so I'm biased in suggesting that).

I think that the idea of celebrating your friend in a song/instrumental, as you suggested, is a very loving gesture, but if it doesn't feel right, don't feel compelled to do it.

All the best,

Kody

Hey man~ I too know what it's like to lose close friends...I just got back from a cemetary where 2 of my friends are buried...both of them took their own lives before they turned 21...I had supper with the one's parents....This year would have been our 10 year high school reunion...His mom shed some tears when she heard that...I also lost a friend a few years ago to a car accident....

You're not alone...We are survivors and our friends will missed~ I'm sorry man.

P.s. I've been trying to write a song about my friend for 8 years~ no luck so far....But when the time is right....It will be magical.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Davo

Thanks for the replies guys.  We had a "Dougs Friends" BBQ last weekend, watched some old videos and listened to some of our old recordings.  Doug would have had a good time there im sure.  Kody my 10 year reunion is this fall, I dont think Im gonna go.

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OsCKilO

I wrote "Goodbye for now" for my Pa!

It helped me cope.......

Doesn't have to be about lyrics!

The music you create speaks for you.............

And it will be an ode to that person that you wont see for a while!

Peace on you and your friend bro.....

Tharek and Kai

P'S

Your friend wouldn't want you to stop in your tracks at his passing.......

No one would want that....!

Carry on with life and remember them.......

If you do this, they ain't really gone!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy