A friend was killed this weekend.

Started by Davo, April 24, 2009, 08:26:54 PM

Davo

http://www.sandiegocaraccidentlawyerblog.com/2009/04/douglas_tarry_killed_in_san_di.html

I had jammed with Doug since I was in high school.  He was a shred machine and a die hard Metallica fan, who had almost become a recording engineer.  I played my first show with him 10 years ago, he was truly a nice guy.  I hadnt seem him around much the last 3 or 4 years, but we still saw each other around town every so often.

Im a Paramedic instructor, and one of my students was on this call.  Doug did not suffer I hear.  This is the second friend Ive lost in a motor vehicle accident this year.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

lg

I am sorry to hear of your loss!
I have lost a few friends now over the years also, so I understand your pain.
The pain never goes, you just become like numb, to it i guess....
I lost one friend when we were both 18, I hadn't seen him in a while.
But 1 week before his motorcycle accident that killed him, I happened by chance to see him as we both were at a stop sign. We both waved hi, and went our ways.
That was it! I often think of him still, as he was 1 of my close friends.

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bro

Im sorry to hear that :(

Hope you can make it through without having a depression.
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

So sorry to hear that, a very sad loss. Treasure your memories of him, and make some music inspired by him.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Thats a good idea Nigel.  Excellent write a song in memory of him  that would be awesome and so full of meaning

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

dragonshade

BossMicroBRew

Davo, truly sorry to hear of your loss. I know the feeling for sure. Turn to music and work through it. Cheers.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Davo

Thanks for the replies guys.  I have thought about writing a song about him.  I just dont know if I can capture all of my feelings in the lyrics.  I still struggle with those.
Perhaps an instrumental is in order.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Geir

With all the massive traffic here lately combined with a crazy week I missed this one.

I'm really sorry for your loss Davo.  Don't hide your feelings in a time like this. Hope you have people to talk to, and yes music can be an outlet of those feelings too.

Take care.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........