"Chips" - Mostly ambient improvisation

Started by Blooby, June 19, 2016, 12:45:23 PM

Blooby

Chips - Blooby B
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Don't really know what this is except to say this is the kind of stuff I generally do when I pick up an acoustic. I just noodle endlessly, much to the chagrin of any listeners who wish to hear more than 30 seconds of any one song. It's like musical A.D.D.

This is the first recording from that new Bedell acoustic I mentioned getting a while back and couldn't be happier with the thing. This was supposed to be a noodle just to hear how the guitar recorded. I then edited it down from 8-10 minutes to this. Had fun with the similar "Two Cookies" thing a while back, so I fleshed it out with some AniMoog.

More weirdness.

Blooby

kenny mac

Lovely playing there mate,excellent tone.
Fantastic playing.
Well done.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Blooby, This is brilliant,
You are one class guitarist my friend....

More-More-More.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Balleo

recorder
iPad GarageBand
recorder
 Reaper
recorder
Audacity
My Youtube Facebook

Hook

By far my favorite part of jamming and performing with you (aside from everything else) was the noodling. I wish I could noodle creatively but I just get boring, you on the other hand keep it so interesting, I so dig. If I could, with any consistency, play nicely with others I would have a noodler playing behind me...24/7 probably...I don't like to split the check either.
Rock on brother, this is excellent.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Mesmerising. I always run out of superlatives when I listen to your playing, but this one is extra special. There's some chord changes in there that really connect with me. Exceptional tone and playing. I'd love to meet and play with you one fine day.

chapperz66

Classy noodling, Blooby.  Very classy indeed.  That guitar sounds gorgeous.  How is it miced?

Paul

Redler

Acoustic instrumental music at its best! So relaxing piece of music and so well played! Mesmerizing as Greeny said!

With which gear you recorded this? Like Paul above, I'm interested the recording process.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Redler on June 20, 2016, 12:14:29 PMWith which gear you recorded this? Like Paul above, I'm interested the recording process.

Thanks for the kind words. The acoustic was the aforementioned Bedell. It's the same model pictured below. I felt compelled to say this because I don't generally splay my guitars on sheets (as far you know). It is much warmer than my other acoustics (the dropped-D tuning I'm sure helped). It went through a Presonus Eureka preamp into a Rode NT1 large condenser microphone. The reverbs were a combination of Valhalla's VintageVerb and ShimmerVerbs.

Blooby