'Saturday Picture Show'

Started by Greeny, April 24, 2009, 09:13:56 AM

Greeny

11_TIM GREEN_Saturday Picture Show
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a self-penned album track (nothing more!) from an almost-finished concept album about 'English things' that I've been working on for what seems like ages. I thought it would strike a nostalgic chord with a few people of a certain age on here though 

It's about English cinemas in the 1970's where they had special kids film clubs on Saturday mornings. Basically, you could get dumped there while your mum and dad went shopping. Why don't they still do that??? Sadly, the concept - and the cinema itself - is long gone.

It's all on the BR, with the 'pearl and dean' theme and projector sounds added in Audacity. I'm doing everything on this one, so forgive the 'guitarists' bass playing 

Geir

Yet another good one Tim, man you've been creative over the holidays !!! Interesting chord-progressions and use of effects.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

This is the full package deal Tim.  Its another one of your fab songs that pulls one in deep into its little world.  Very nicely done.  A song about going to the movies that creates a movie in the mind of the listener, how very cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Great song & mix Tim! 

It does bring back some childhood memories for me.  I remember my parents dropping me off to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.....I do believe they sent my aunt along with us....memories a little foggy.

This catchy tune is a real whistler :)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SE

Great memory I used to queue outside the pictures on a Saturday too. Remember I when,t to see Jaws and  got the fright of my life when the head rolled out of the sucken boat.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

i remember those saturday mornings well, sixpence (lsd not new pence) pocket money , got you a return train fare, into the cinema and a cornish mivvi. i can still hear the abc minors theme tune now.
lsd is pounds shillings and pence not the  stuff greeny must be using to get all his inspiration(only joking tim).

ah jumpers for goalposts, and we lived in a shoebox in t' middle o' road, tell that to the kids today, they wont believe you.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

TomH86

our father would murder us in our sleep...in cooolddd blood mind! hahahahaha

this is awesome. will i be able to hear this concept album once its finished?

Ferryman

This is a really lovely piece. Great jangly feel that reminds me of many things but isn't quite like anything else (except Tim Green). I like the slight key change in the chorus, that adds a nice twist. Your intertwining guitars are really playing well off each other on this. I like your bass, don't apologise. As a guitaribassist myself, I like melodic basslines where the bass is almost a third guitar.

First time I've heard Ray Harryhausen in song lyrics. Boy, I used to love his stuff. Now I'm reminiscing....

Cheers,

Nigel

BTW, by a sheer coincidence, my grandparents' names happened to be Pearl and Dean. But I called them Grandma and Grandpapapapapapapapapapapaaaaaaaaaaaa...aah  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on April 24, 2009, 01:14:23 PMBTW, by a sheer coincidence, my grandparents' names happened to be Pearl and Dean. But I called them Grandma and Grandpapapapapapapapapapapaaaaaaaaaaaa...aah  ;D

That is the most dreadful joke.

Tim, you bugger, just stop now. You're going to hurt your brain. You can't spill this much of it out onto the internet and not suffer the consequences. So just... you know... enough.....

Fab BTW.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

The Reverend 48

Great As always Tim not only does this invoke old memories but the vibe is quintessentially English 60's Pop....Breathtaking 8) I can't wait to hear the whole album back to back! ;)