"Bye Bye Love" - Everly Brothers cover by Ted (50's Rock & Roll)

Started by Ted, June 06, 2016, 12:20:26 AM

Ted

Bye Bye Love
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FiftiesFest (banner image missing)

Bye Bye Love
Everly Brothers
Written by  Felice and Boudleaux Bryant

Vocals, Ukulele, and Bass: Ted

Recorded on Micro BR (only three tracks plus MBR drums)

My first festival contribution in years. It wasn't too hard. I may do another.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Greeny

Brilliantly done. The harmonies are spot on, and the uke works so well. That's some performance.

Hook

That is a really really could sound and recording of One of my favourite tunes Your harmonies are top notch and the bass really works quite well and this gives it that bottom man gets a lot from. Well done brother rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Excellent cover. The vocals, uke and bass all sound fantastic. Well recorded too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

Superb cover, Ted. Outstanding vocals and uke - everything sounds so tight and clean, and fine attention paid to detail.

Loved it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

Quote from: ODH on June 06, 2016, 02:15:36 AMLovely stuff, Ted.  You sing really well.

Thanks! I don't think of myself as a singer, but I noticed that this song was in a certain nasally sweet spot for me.

Quote from: Hook on June 06, 2016, 06:27:56 AM..the bass really works quite well and this gives it that bottom man...

I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile: Mix the high end of the uke with the low end of my five-string bass. The low open B-string is in there a bunch of times.

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 06, 2016, 09:15:05 AMExcellent cover. The vocals, uke and bass all sound fantastic. Well recorded too.

The Micro BR is a wonderful piece of technology. I didn't do most of my normal recording prep; I didn't even mute my phone or drink a beer. I just sat on the couch and started. The lead vocals and the uke were done on the same track. Took me about ten tries to get through it, between not quite knowing the words, uke mistakes, and the landlady's f***ing dogs barking.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

All is perfect:  bass ,voices,  Uke

Merci pour cette reprise
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo