Started by ODH, June 03, 2016, 09:09:15 AM

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

ODH

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: Blooby on June 04, 2016, 07:04:56 AMDid you do that piano on the Thumbjam again?

This time it was a GarageBand piano, as were the drums and upright bass.  The horns are ThumbJam, which are my new favourite things.

Quote from: Blooby on June 04, 2016, 07:04:56 AMMy one niggle is that it seems (to me) the vocal is a tad dry for this backing.

I know exactly what you mean.  I recorded the vocal track Friday morning in the car and it had a horrible boxy cast about it.  I took the unusual (for me) step of exporting the vocal track out to my PC and manipulating it in a wav editor (I use Goldwave).  I put in a notch filter around 1-2kHz and it cleaned it up a lot, although I can still hear remnants of it.  I had a lot of trouble getting the vocal to sit in the mix.

Quote from: heg577 on June 03, 2016, 11:59:06 PMYou pay great attention to detail, here; the music is very similar to the original to my ear.

Back in the mid-nineties, when Hook was hiking up the Appalachian Trail, I was a 30 year old single man and I used to make model rally cars (when not playing my guitar).  I was quite obsessive about detail and in some respects I get the same way when I've decided to do a realistic cover.  I always think it's like doing a jigsaw, except you have to make all the pieces yourself.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Greeny

It takes some special skill to get that backer sounding so true to the original. Really nicely put together, and delivered with pure class.

Fantastic.

Geir

I listened to this the other day and was duly impressed! Somehow I forgot to comment. Rectifying this now.

This sounds so authentic and great!

You are such a talent Nick !!!

love the backing vox !!!

love it all in fact !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand