The aucustic version of 'Bad to you too' -- Stuart's Song

Started by visiblemember, April 23, 2009, 10:14:59 PM

visiblemember

NSJIG_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is really my favorite of all of these variations.  No mando. believe me, it's tough to get that thing(my fender mando) to sound right through an entire song.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

The Reverend 48

Well Done......This has a catchy chord structure and some neat lead work 8) ;)

Wiley

This is very easy listening too!  I agree with 48 a great chord structure.  I like the sound of the mandoline.  Great job and very inspiring.

Geir

Aaahhh a pure delight !!! Wonderful playing and a beautiful production.
Did you use the onboard mic for this recording? Really great sound in those guitars.

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

acoustic guitar perfection.  The guitar sounds wonderfull.  I am also interested in your recording method.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

That's beautifully done. You have an acoustic tone to die for, and you play all the parts wonderfully. You should try 'Classical Gas' next  :D

Just lovely... !

visiblemember

The two guitars on track one(left-on board mic) and track two(right MTK) are a Yamaha FGX720sc. I perch the BR upright so I'm facing the guitar hole directly at the mic, not across the top, about 20 inches away. The third guitar is an Applause AE-38 shallow body. The Applause is my favorite because it plays in tune all the way up the fret board. What you hear is a 25 year old plastic guitar that is falling apart being played way up at the 12th fret. I'm even hitting the low E string at the end. I sincerely believe that a string instrument that has range is worth everything.    I use a Sony EMC-Z17 lapel mic. I clip it inside the sound hole of the guitar and turn the dB to about -12. I record EX>P 01: FLAT.
     I really try to record with no reverb with the aucustics. The Mando gives me the most trouble(Listen to the last lick on 'Bad to you too' and you'll hear what I mean). Do you think it's because of the wide frequency range and the limits of the mic/preamp etc...?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Satchwood

A very bright and happy rendition!  Very smoooth & well composed!  Nice acoustic guitar blends as well.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Very nice job indeed and a beautiful, haunting piece. Thanks for sharing your recording tecniques as well, because this sounds darn good and it's interesting to see how you got such a good sound.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

I don't know how I missed this post. I could listen to this all day. Simple and delightful and very well played and what a great tone.

Thanks
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.