I Will Rise Again

Started by artokh74, May 22, 2016, 11:10:42 AM

artokh74

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

this phoenix finally arose from the midst of a terrible writer's block. :)

Time:
0:00
Volume:

I'm arriving at the shore
at my summer home
to keep a word I once swore
Clean warm air in my lungs
Under the morning sun
Everything will be just fine

Unlock the garden gate
that you loved to decorate
in the years before the war
When we followed the sun
we were the chosen ones
But our paths never would quite align

Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain
Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain

Summer celebrations were on
with a pyre and a troubadour
Food and drink galore
And when the music stopped
after the first rain drops
escalated fast to a pour

You ran to grab my arm
as we rushed inside the house
to keep shelter from the storm
And it's still quite bizarre
how did things get this far
and how fast the Fall would follow

Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain
Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain

Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain
Oh! I will rise again
from the pain
with the summer rain

Greeny

This is really good. Expertly put together, and you've crammed so much melody in. The lead guitar work is so smooth and sweet.

Reminds me of Hotel California meets George Gershwin's 'Summertime' meets Dire Straits. With a bit of Geir thrown in on the vocal! Which is all good!

That chorus is a killer.

SwanSong

Uniquely beautiful in its own way well worth a listen
enjoyed all the way Cheers Neil !!

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: Greeny on May 27, 2016, 02:41:15 AMThis is really good. Expertly put together, and you've crammed so much melody in. The lead guitar work is so smooth and sweet.

Reminds me of Hotel California meets George Gershwin's 'Summertime' meets Dire Straits. With a bit of Geir thrown in on the vocal! Which is all good!

That chorus is a killer.

I'll second that emotion! I'd also say that the production on this is absolutely gob-smackingly good!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

bruno

Great song - love the vid, brings it all together. Particularly loved the key change between verse and chorus - nicely done. Would like to know what the inspiration/story behend the lyrics are?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Great production on a cool tune. I was especially enamored of the bass sound although I can't pinpoint why. Sounds great, though. I also dug how the chorus re-entered the verses. Nice space with the electric. Enjoyed this. Interesting ending which was super effective as well.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

really like this one something about it reminds me of my Norge hero St Thomas (Thomas Hansen) i think it might be your syntax, juxtaposing lyrics a natural english speaker would never think of combining. that and the music combined is beautiful to my ears. Bra!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

artokh74

Amazing feedback. Thanks a lot! 

Oldrottenhead, I actually do intentionally - and sometimes unintentionally no doubt- use English "the wrong way", using structures and syntax more common in other languages. It's a difficult thing to balance though. So it's great to hear it can be seen as an interesting effect rather than just a flaw by a natural English speaker. :)