Inner-Philstine-slow
Time:
0:00
Volume:
"Inner Philistine"
(for The Nutrients)
©2015 Ted Johnson
Ted: Bass, drum arrangement, piano, guitars, vocals
A celebration is in order. Let's go out and get some cheap red wine.

Congratulations: You finally found the courage to release your inner Philistine.

You wore your nails down, scratching and picking at the foil around the bottle stop.

Did it surprise you how easily it opened once you figured out the screw top?

Go get a manicure. Get a pedicure while you're at it. You can put it on your credit card.

Don't you feel better now? With those polymer extensions you can scratch and pick real real  real real hard.

You're cutting tin. You're breaking skin. You're a raptor with a TV remote.

You're watching shows, like normal Joes -- not an outsider reading Camus on a bloody sail boat.

Don't you feel better now?

Turn the ignition on the car you always wanted with the payments and mirror luck charm.

Your intuition was never keen enough to tell a handshake from a twist of the arm.

A celebration is in order. Let's go out and get the cheapest red wine we can find.

Congratulations: You finally found the courage to release your inner Philistine.

Don't you feel better now?

Why? Why would I redo song that had been previously touched by Geir magic?

I presented the original incarnation to my US-based band, The Nutrients, to mixed reviews. Frankly, I think they were intimidated by it. So I decided to simplify it; to make it more Nutrientsy. I slowed it down, took out the modulation, even took out a verse. I think it now sounds like it belongs in our repertoire. Maybe we'll do it live when I visit the US later this year.

Also: This is the first pure Micro BR song I've done in a long time (unless you count the wahwah effect I added with Audacity).

20160519-001-tana-micro-br-tweaked.jpg
Just like old times, with my janky, homemade MBR pop filter which is now seven years old.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Kenny B

Really Dig this Ted ... the dirty guitar, sparse piano and everything jell so well ...

Punky and Rockin ... very cool.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Great sound Ted,,,,,
Top class guitar work....

Well done.......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

I love this song, and this new version is so refreshing and inspiring !

Great to hear a pure MBR production again !

Can't wait to hear the Nutrients version !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Well written song! The spots where's bass and vocals works so good! Really good punk tone on guitar!

Magic MBR production!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

That sparse piano set against the grungy guitar & bass parts is not something I've ever heard before... but it works superbly. Great piece of work, mate :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

tonyc

love this catchy tune your voice sounds so much like the lead singer from dire straights,,,,,   posted by tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

Greeny

Filthy, fantastic grunge, with some sweeter-tasting guitar interludes. The bass is outstanding, and the sparse piano notes work perfectly.

This song has swagger and attitude.

It's bloody marvellous.

Jarle

Great tune, I love the contrast between the piano and the guitar.
recorder
Boss BR-800