Time Offset

Started by launched, April 23, 2009, 01:26:52 PM

launched

A little something I noticed in case anyone else cares:

By default the system time and message timestamps are listed in Pacific Standard Time. Since I am 3 time zones east (EST), I was living with the task of adding 3 hours to convert a time stamp to my time.

Then I thought "I can't take this anymore", and dug around for a setting to change to my time zone. Awesome - there was one under Profile|Look And Layout Preferences|Time Offset. Sweet!

Now the site's time display and topic/message timestamps are all displayed in my time zone. Time is important to me, so even though I was numb an probably should have figured it out sooner I'm glad the setting was there.

Plus, if you set this, which many members already do, it will show what time it is where you live if someone clicks on your profile, which is important to me, too. So unless you want to keep your whereabouts a secret, I suggest you change the setting to reflect the time zone in which you live! Then you could see what time it was for some dude's posting from Freakoutistan.

Some will say "this is 45 seconds I'll never get back", some won't :P

Peace out,

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StevieM

Not sure what mine's set to, I'll have a look. Mind you, most of the time I don't even know what DAY it is, let alone what time! ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

;D ;D ;D  I will check it out too!

Kody

I tried adjusting that once, but I don't think it worked....I'll have to try it again.....

US Central time here.......

Hey something interesting about time zones I learned in my college American History class: The time zones were created by the railroad industry in the 1800s!  Pretty cool uh?! I never knew!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

launched

I didn't know that it was the railroads, but it makes sense a transportation industry developed it.

Thanks for the info!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

I changed mine KOdy and I'm central time to.  Now it's right!  works lol

Greeny

Nice one, launched! I didn't know I could do that - but now you mention it, it was bugging me too. Fixed!  :)

Davo

Im Pacific time so I dont have that issue :)
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Geir

I used autodetect .. worked fine until DST occurred ..  well it should be right now ... and time to go to bed !!!!

Good night world ... wherever you are !!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveB

I was a member of a music forum which appeared to be using the default local time of an Atoll in the South Pacific - it ALWAYS appeared to be 14 hours either ahead or behind everywhere else, most disheartening. Anway, I located and used the auto detect on here, and everything seems rosy, er, until the 'clocks-go-back'.  ::)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon