Oud Dance

Started by jackofall, May 14, 2016, 09:22:22 AM

jackofall

Oud dance
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Usual disorder but hopefully a bit of fun with two chords.
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

cuthbert

That was terrific! The oud sounds fantastic, and the percussion really adds to the flavor.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Groundy

This is brilliant Jackofall........

Well done.......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

jackofall

Thank you for these nice comments. I'm going through a long protracted phase of believing that everything I do is mediocre at best. I knocked together this tune in a few minutes. It came out kind of 'Greek', I think. I can picture the tune being quite appealing and snappy if done by professional musicians in a recording studio with someone who can really play all the instruments to a higher standard. I'm sure I'm not the first to wish I could be better than I am! I've been exposed to too many amazing musicians on this forum and in the flesh and blood world. It gets to you....   
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Johnny Robbo

Don't sell yourself short, mate. This is captivating! I love the timbre of this instrument. And to be able to come up with a tune like this in just a few minutes is astounding! Bravo!!!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Redler

Nice acoustic song! The lead is melodic and catchy! Fine playing with good tones! Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

helloooo stranger.  back with a bang  brilliant.

something about this reminds me of very early tracks by our friend/s osckilo.

and you have put me in the mood for an ouzo.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jackofall

Have one on me! I still think our collab track was a hit waiting to happen! 

Ted

As someone who occasionally likes to mess around with instruments from musical traditions outside my own, I approve! I like the hand percussion as well.

I visited Morocco a long time ago, and almost picked up an oud. (Instead I picked up some Talouine rugs.) Whenever I see or hear an oud, I wonder what I might have done with one. I'm glad you followed through with your oud impulse. Congratulations on learning to play it!

Blackout Bump - week of 14 May, 2016
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac