Does anyone here really work?

Started by wiley, April 22, 2009, 05:32:19 PM

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on April 27, 2009, 04:17:05 AM
Quote from: Flash Harry on April 25, 2009, 02:41:42 PMMarcus,

Why do I always think of Titus Groan when I see a post from you? I really can't fathom it out.

I never thought I'd see a Mervyn Peake reference on here!

I'm amazed you haven't referenced Peake in any of your songs yet, there's plenty of time for it to happen though......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI'm amazed you haven't referenced Peake in any of your songs yet, there's plenty of time for it to happen though......
now this got me thinking, all the songs greeny comes out with, all the movies he gets to see and now obviously all the reading he does, im sure in his spare time he is a researcher for QI. spare time now that he cant have the man is on fire (excuse the jk pun), tim how do you do it, plus here is an interesting fact about tim. right now he's out having a smoke with fergael sharkey.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 27, 2009, 06:17:35 AM
QuoteI'm amazed you haven't referenced Peake in any of your songs yet, there's plenty of time for it to happen though......
now this got me thinking, all the songs greeny comes out with, all the movies he gets to see and now obviously all the reading he does, im sure in his spare time he is a researcher for QI. spare time now that he cant have the man is on fire (excuse the jk pun), tim how do you do it, plus here is an interesting fact about tim. right now he's out having a smoke with fergael sharkey.

I looked at Feargal, and he looked at me looking at him with a kind of "I know you know who I am, but don't talk to me" kind of expression on his pinched-up, aging little face, lol. He's staying a very posh hotel I can tell you. He's a bit of a hero, but I didn't have the courage (or a pen and paper) to get anything else.

As for all the things I get up to... what else is there to life except music, art, literature and love?!

Oh yeah... drinking and football  :D

finaltear

and im a pot head so all is good!!!!

Oldrottenhead

i work hard but in my spare time i bump into threads heres a thread i bumped into.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

I work REAL hard and bumped into this too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Migs

I am working really hard.
I have to move office and have been told to empty my mini-bar before close of business today.

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

I work full time in a hospital theatre so I can keep up with most of the threads most of the time 'cos I look after the computer stuff but actually sitting down to write music worth posting is a different matter. I can only really dedicate one maybe two evenings a week when the chores are done. Les Warner joins me for one of those two evenings and we kick a few ideas around but quite often we end up talking about the old days on the road and drift into haze of (usually glamourized) memories. If I had more time I think I would probably add too much, over produce and loose sponteneity so maybe for me it's not too bad.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

I've come to the conclusion that I'm semi-retired.  My most recent full time position was running the logistics of an e-commerce mobile phone retailer (the biggest in the UK) until one of the big high street chains bought the company and shut it down.  I had to make all the staff redundant and then myself, turning the lights out when I left.  Not nice but it's life.  It was nothing to do with the recession, but the economic climate means that I would be competing in the job market against a lot of younger people.  They might not be as experienced, but most employers seem to be happy to trade some experience for hunger/aspiration.

I get a bit of consultancy/interim work and also do some work for a local school and local government such as my involvement in the General Election.  I also look after my elderly disabled mother.  I guess that means I'm a carer!  That sounds worthwhile doesn't it?  Also my wife has given me remedial training in washing machine/ironing duties.

I get a bit of time to knock up the odd ditty now and then! 
Paul

pjd1

Nice to read what everyone else does and how they fit it all in !! I work at Halewood Jaguar and Landrover site we build Landrovers and are currently tooling up for a new model , My job is maintenance and running the Body in white underbody Robot / Automation complex (we weld carbodys together with robots) i work a 3 shift system so i am able to jump into the forum at all times of the day through the week , i am pretty much done in for most of the week days, but try and record some stuff at the weekend for a bit of fun ..

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8