Does anyone here really work?

Started by wiley, April 22, 2009, 05:32:19 PM

Wiley

I am just curious!!  I have a hard time keeping up with just the posts!.  I get up at 4:00 a.m.  And  get off work at 3:30 P.M.  by the time I get home, especially if I have any stops it is close to 5:00.  time to grab a bite to eat.  Then hit the posts.  I listen to all of you most of the time. Then it is  about 6:30 or 7:00 p.m.  I have to go to bed around 8 or 8:30 to get any sleep at all. Then the cycle starts all over again.  How do you guys do it.  AND post so many songs during the week?  After I listen to all of you , Friday comes along and I don't usually have to work.  BUT my head is so full of ideas from all of you that I can't concentrate on anything.  I just get swept away in all the excitement. I guess I just wonder how all of you manage your time so well and keep making posts.  I have been working on 1 song for 3 weeks and can't seem to get it done. LOL.  Anyway I guess I am just spouting and am a little jealous of all of you and your quick ideas.  Anyway guess what it is, time to go to bed. LOL  See you on the morrow.
P.J.

launched

My answer is that I work at home a lot. I'm new here and just got hooked - It's addictive.  ;D I thought the newness would wear off, but I don't see it happening.

I develop software and maintain datacenter rackspace, and because of it I despise computers, email, internet - All that stuff!! :P I don't have any other "fun" account aside this one. No My Space, Facebook. Absolutely nothing.

My geek friends and I turn off our WinMobile phones and laptops on the weekends whenever we can. I enjoy the great outdoors and spend a lot of time skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, hunting and fishing. It's tough to do with the job I have, though!

But music is one of my favorite hobbies and I can't help but love this site! I'll never really get that good, but I just can't help but try to get better all the time!

That's my story  :D  :D

Later,

Mark

P.S.

Also, due to the absolutely rotten economy, I've had a little extra free time on my hands - But it's getting warmer outside and I won't be hangin' in here all day, that's for sure! Probably should be out looking for more work. Jeez.... 8)

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kody

Good question, Wiley.  It will interesting to see what people put here. My story is this:

When I joined this community, I was 7 years into my Auto-Detailing career.  For those of you that don't know what auto-detailing is~ It's a fancy way of saying that I sucked farts out of old car seats(with a shop-vac, of course) I worked at a fairly large car dealership(GM), and I was in charge of cleaning trade ins, making them look brand new, so the car-salesmen and owners could turn it over and make thousands of dollars off my hard work...And they did!! It was fun while it lasted, but I wasn't getting enough time to spend with my music....Long-story short, I decided to become a Music Teacher LOL!  It requires 4 years of college....I'm just finishing my first year in a couple weeks...I even made the Dean's List for having a high GPA!! I had to take out some Student Loans(don't have to start paying back until I graduate!) to live off of, but they're running out....I won't get another check until Aug. or Sep. of next Fall.  So, I'm going to have to find a job over the Summer, unless one of you all wants to loan me a few grand?!! Another part of my deal is, I only get to see my 8 year-old daughter on the weekends(And I have to drive 2hrs to pick her up~Another 2hrs back, etc....) So, I never record anything on the weekends, I like to spend every second with her that I can~But, I usually pop in and see what's new on the site. During the week I have plenty of time to mess around with the BRs :P hah...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

It's a tough one. I hold down a full time job in marketing and advertising, but I'm lucky in the fact that I'm able to manage my time at work as I want. As long as I come up with good ideas and hit my deadlines, nobody really cares what else I do. I do tend to be on here more during the day, as I often need to just switch off in the evenings with my girlfriend, TV and guitar. Like Kody, I need weekends to see my son, or spend some precious time with my girlfriend (when we're both kids-free). Most of my recording gets done late (sometimes very late) at night or early mornings at the weekends, but I have a head full of ideas that I'm always working through and making notes / writing lyrics for when I'm away from the BR. This is how I can guarantee that I'm going to be really productive when I do have the BR in front of me.

I just get it done somehow. My girlfriend is very supportive too, which helps a lot!

The Reverend 48

I am a semi-retired  Bar and Restaurant consultant and do most of my work via the internet so I am about most days..I live alone and apart from help running a Custom Car Club, which means I am out most Sunday's in summer showing my car...I try and
Structure my stuff so I can get into my music between 3 and 5 most weekdays......

But like launched I only really use this site for fun can't be doing with facebook or other social networks  I'd much rather listen and talk about music.......

here's a pic of the interior of my ride complete with colour coded cheap Tele ;D ;)

Flash Harry

I'm a full time computer geek too. 8 hours a day plus four hours (ish) travelling time. Apart from a mountain bike, a garden, a family and the ususal commitments, my only interest is music. And reading. And camping. And hillwalking. And red wine. And food. 

This year I intend to build my studio.

This is the only site for me, oh and soundclick, and google and skydrive..... ( and a few others that I care not to mention.....)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 23, 2009, 08:53:01 AMThis is the only site for me, oh and soundclick, and google and skydrive..... ( and a few others that I care not to mention.....)

Eh? Are they IT related? Or something too dark and weird to mention???!  :D :D :D

Migs

Wake up.  Go for swim/run/walk/hangover recovery at beach.  Iron shirt.  Put suit on. Go to work.  Do stuff.  Leave work. Have a beer or 3 at pub.  Go home.  Cook food.  Punish guitar or watch some telly or read.  Fall into bed.  Wake up. Repeat.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on April 23, 2009, 09:11:03 AMEh? Are they IT related? Or something too dark and weird to mention???!  :D :D :D

Bugger! I'm rumbled.... 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Satchwood

I'm a design engineer by day and a guitar-music enthusiast by night.  I've played in a few bands, but now I'm kind of digging just composing.  Once I get a few tunes, I'll probably want to form a band again.  

I also do most of my recording late at night and on weekends.  I often check in on the forum through-out the day (during breaks of course).
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)