"I'm Sure It's..." a Hook original for JazzFest

Started by Hook, April 20, 2016, 04:57:13 AM

Hook

I'm Sure It's..
Time:
0:00
Volume:
JazzFest (banner image missing)

I think I'm working on a Jazzyish collection entitled The Opposite of Jazz.
This was hard to get done. I wrote the lyrics over a week ago in the waiting room of a shrink I'm trying out, never tried one & felt perhaps I'm messed up enough to warrant. I recorded a Resonator uke/vocal  in the car a few days ago. The other nigh I added drums with my Roland Handsonic10 (brushes setting) , so that's me playing.

I do everything but the kick, I'm extremely disappointed in my Roland KD7 kick unit, absolutely no  reliable response. At over $100 Roland should be ashamed of themselves. I got a used one on Ebay & thought it was just broken. I got a new one a month or ago and just never set it up. Set it up for this recording and it's the exact same as the used one. I've got to try and dig up the receipt.  

I then promptly proceed to erase the uke/vocal track which of course contained the the count off for the drums!!!!CRAP!!!

Yesterday I managed to get another uke /vocal track done in the car , tough with no count off but I managed. It actually was a blessing because it allowed me to open up space & follow the drums & that works well in the drum soloish section, this might be the first drum solo of JazzFest...yes I'm bowing. Mix was done with cans and buds so it might be  bit bass heavy, I'll listen in the car on the way to work. Done in the car and at home (bass & drums) the Marimba (I think my Jazz combo has a Marimba player) is from Thumbjam.

1 Tenor Resonator uke/vocal track (stereo)
1 drums (Roland Handsonic 10-stereo)
1 kick drum (TJ- I accidentally erased the RHS10 kick track too...crap!)
 1high vocal harmony (stereo)
1 low vocal harmony (stereo)
1 marimba (stereo-TJ)
2 u-bass tracks (I split some sections between 2 tracks because I kept messing up the transition)

I'm Sure It's...
written & performed by Hook
Analyze my mind
be sure to discard most of what you find
I'm sure it's
full of Demons

Move ahead into my heart
Don't get stuck in the broken part
I'm sure it's
A sorid tangled mess

Now you can take me out to lunch .
and put aside any notion that you have a hunch
I'm sure it's a
silly bunch of crap

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Johnny Robbo

Shades of Zappa on this one, mate... Brilliant stuff! Love the marimba!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

bruno

Jazz on brother. Super high energy tune, as Johnny says, definitely shades of Zappa.
Super dooper jazz fest, waiting for the album  ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

Loving this Hook...
You put so much into all your music
But it certainly pays off.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Marimba sounds so good!! Well written and performed!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Another totally off the wall Hook number. I too get the Zappa feel. Now aint that a good thing. Excellent.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Kenneth

Really liking this and the lyrics too. Great song and terrific ending. Rock-jazzy  on!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman