Micro Traitor!

Started by The Reverend 48, April 22, 2009, 07:51:59 AM

The Reverend 48

I feel a bit like a traitor :o
Its my Birthday on Saturday so I have just ordered.............
a BR600 :o :D :( :-* :'(
Hopefully the benifits to me will be worth going over to the dark side of the site ;D

64Guitars

I'm sure you'll love your BR-600. And there's no need to feel like a traitor. We're all BR users here, regardless of which particular BR model we own. They are all very similar in operation and features.

If you haven't done so already, you should download the BR-600 manual and start reading up on it. Then you'll be better prepared to make the most of it when it arrives.

Here are a few more BR-600 documents you might want to download:

BR-600 TurboStart

BR-600 Workshop 01: Making a CD of Your Music with iTunes

BR-600 Workshop 02: Using the Built-in Rhythm

BR-600 Recording Guidebook for Acoustic Guitar

BR-600 About Memory Cards

There are links to several BR-600 videos by Tony Houston on the Videos page of my website. And there's a more professional BR-600 video available here:

http://www.proaudiodvds.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BR%2D600&Click=2040

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Well, it was nice knowin' ya!! ;) I came so close to pulling the trigger on one of those units - It's a pretty sweet piece of equipment. Plus, it's go stereo mics which I guess put out a good recording.

I actually looked a 600 up and then went to the Guitar Center to see if they had one (They will usually match or close to match Musician's Friend, etc.). I saw a used MBR in the display case in original packaging without a scratch on it, with power supply and 2 1G cards for $175 US. Had to have that thing!! 8)

The only thing I wish I had on the MBR is the 8 playback tracks - I bet the future model might have a Shift key for the TR buttons to get 8 tracks - I know it could be done and wouldn't detract from their "better" line of products.

I'm interested in a post letting us know how you like it!

See you around,

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Just think of it as expanding your musical horizons. Nothing wrong with that!  :)

Geir

Ahhh sweet !! I'm happy for you, and us ... expect new wonderful music will be made when it arrives!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Hey 48, its all good.  I just got the BR-1200CD myself yesterday (great minds think alike again).  I am very excited to have more tracks to play with and more features.  I see this as a further step in your evolution as a musician and recording engineer.  I am going to use both now, I think I will record acoustic guitar and vocals still on the MBR, do these backers on the MBR, use the MBR as a sketch pad to get ideas down fast.  But when it comes time to create more complex songs, the bigger one will be perfect.  Use them both, they both have their purpose, its all good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

You know, I forgot to say -  :D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Quote from: 48 on April 22, 2009, 07:51:59 AMI feel a bit like a traitor :o
Its my Birthday on Saturday so I have just ordered.............
a BR600 :o :D :( :-* :'(
Hopefully the benifits to me will be worth going over to the dark side of the site ;D

Boo!!! You cheater! You've got more than enough tracks on an MBR, they can go on for ever if you keep backing up to a PC! Oh well, I guess it means I will have to try to spend more time in the other recorder areas, whcih is probably not a bad thing.

Happy birthday anyway and enjoy the BR600. You realise that any postings with less than 8 tracks of stuff are not allowed   :D

Have fun!

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

;D ;D  I could only afford one and the Micro Br fit the budget. LOL I haven't learned everything it is capable of yet. But you go guy!!. You will love it I am sure.  and  a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YAH!!! :D :D

Kody

Congratulations on the new purchase!! Since it's your B-day, do we have to call you 49 from now on?....or do I not wanna go there... hee hehe)

Happy Birthday, 49!!!!!LOL!!

Dude, I've got a feeling your music is going to excell on the br600... Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!!! Oh, BTW, I have the micro br AND the br900!! I'm in love with both of them!!! You can't fit the br900 in your pocket....and the micro doesn't have faders!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One