Arizona Day (original instrumental)

Started by Satchwood, April 21, 2009, 02:15:41 PM

Satchwood

Thank you for the kind words fellow musicians - this is very encouraging to me!

I'm playing an all black Kramer Strat with a Floyd Rose Trem bar.  I also have a 12 string accoustic and a Les Paul which I'll attempt to record with soon.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

Oh yes you are definately burning up the fret board.   You better be careful. You would not want your guitar to catch fire.

Bluesberry

Really great stuff.  I love it.  What could improve this?  Maybe Put some bass on it?  What else can I say other than you have really introduced yourself very well with this post.  It sounds pretty damn good as it is.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dragonshade

DAMN!!!

Dude you can solo!

<picking up jaw now>

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

Very nice.  I especially like the section between 1:00 and about 1:10 (It also reminded me the most of Satriani).  I'm anxious to see what you'll come up with down the road with (as somebody else coined) that "little silver brick."

Peace.

Blooby

Satchwood

Thank you all for the kind words!  I do believe that Satriani inspires me!  I recently saw him in concert with front row seats - and man can that dude play guitar.

Actually I do have a bass line in the song (using my son's keyboards), but I kept it pretty simple and turned down.

I'm working on a few more compositions, but their kind of long, so I'm trying to figure out how to cut them down to under 5M without having to re-record.

It means alot to have other muscians take the time to listen to my work and comment - very encouraging - and I'm starting to feel the camraderie here in the MBR community, which is priceless!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

Holy cow - that's serious, pro-level playing. Amazing! Hook yourself up with some bass and vocal talent from this forum, and you'll take this into the stratosphere. I'm constantly getting blown away by what turns up on here - there's so much talent flying around, it's unreal.

p.s. you have a great taste in swimming pools. Is that your own one?!  :D

Satchwood

Thank you for the compliment Greeny!  I would love to collaborate with a vocalists and "real" bass player.  There is so much talent in this community!  Your one of the more excellent song writers and singers on here for sure!

Maybe I can start a thread in the collaboration section and see if anybody would be interested in adding a vocal track and/or bass track.  I've got a few ideas for lyrics.  Great suggestion, Greeny and thanks again for the encouraging words!

PS.  This pool picture is one of the pictures I use for creative visualization!