Any fellow vapers on the site?

Started by Johnny Robbo, April 08, 2016, 04:32:53 AM

Johnny Robbo

Was just wondering if there was anyone else on the site who uses an e-cig? I quit smoking in 2008, at the age of 41, having been a 20-a-day man since I was 15 yrs old, the last few years I was smoking roll-ups as a way of saving money. It got to the point where I was having a 20 minute coughing fit every morning, so I said goodbye to the greatest love of my life... the baccy.

I tried patches, I tried gum, I tried that stupid nicorette inhaler thing, and even hypnotherapy. And then I saw an e-cig & gave it a go. I've never looked back. The advice my doctor gave me is that the dangers of using an e-cig are negligible - the same kind of risks as associated with patches or gum. Her actual words were "you'd be doing yourself more harm by drinking too much strong coffee" - caffeine is just as much a poison as nicotine, apparently! That's good enough for me. Although I appreciate that, as a (currently) unregulated product, there are some concerns about the health risks - mainly the strength of the nicotine in the liquid. However, I get all my e-liquid from a reputable supplier who submit all of their products to a lab for testing above & beyond the new regs that are coming in this summer.

It's a bit of a pain that e-cigs are being banned in public places, but the people I blame for that are the irresponsible vapers who use a big powerful battery & tank, turned up to max power and attempt to fill every room they're in with a dense cloud of vapour... They act like human fog machines, but there's always a minority who spoil things, though, I suppose :(

I'm currently using a Cool Fire IV battery with a Genie Tank. I run it at about 9W and use 1.8% strength liquid. Current favourite is cappuccino flavour, but I also enjoy a blast of menthol from time to time.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

have been a vaper since january the 1st this year. was never a heavy smoker but have still saved a fortune. gave my first e-cig to Geir when i was in Norway as they are not generally available there. so not sure if Geir is a vaper too.

i use a liqualite e=cig with a traditional tobacco flavour. bought from my local corner shop.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

I smoked 40 Capstan a day for years, Then packed in 32 years ago when Michelle was born, I suppose I was lucky I did'nt try anything , I just packed in with about 10 cigs left in the box, I was a miserable Bastard with everyone for a fortnight then it got easier, Were I was lucky Fran was coming home from the hospital with Michelle, so I didnt want to smoke in the house so I decided to pack in all together,
It was'nt easy but I am sure you could do it, Put the ciggy money away for a year and buy a new Guitar...
They had just gone up to £1.00 for 20 when I packed in, not sure what they are now, about £7 I think...
Give it a go John....Good Luck....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: Groundy on April 08, 2016, 04:51:58 AMIt was'nt easy but I am sure you could do it, Put the ciggy money away for a year and buy a new Guitar...
They had just gone up to £1.00 for 20 when I packed in, not sure what they are now, about £7 I think...
Give it a go John....Good Luck....

Alex

No, mate... I enjoy puffing away & now I can do it safely & cheaply - the liquid costs me about £10/week for 20ml. I did go cold turkey like you for around 6 months after I gave up on the patches & gum but it made me so miserable and (strangely) UN-healthy... shortness of breath; a chest full of phlegm and loss of appetite. This all disappeared as soon as I got an e-cig.

Another benefit is that I can have a few drinks now and then & there is no hangover! Whether I was on the fags or on the patches/gum, I always used to suffer terribly the next day after even just 3 or 4 pints. Nowadays, I can have a proper skin full and be fresh as a daisy the next day... not that I make a habit of it, but it's nice to be able to have a good drink on special occasions & not worry about feeling like death the next morning.

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on April 08, 2016, 04:49:48 AMhave been a vaper since january the 1st this year. was never a heavy smoker but have still saved a fortune. gave my first e-cig to Geir when i was in Norway as they are not generally available there. so not sure if Geir is a vaper too.

i use a liqualite e=cig with a traditional tobacco flavour. bought from my local corner shop.

Welcome to the brotherhood of vapers, James! If ever you fancy upgrading, I recommend the Cool Fire battery - you can use it while it's on charge so you don't have to worry about keeping a spare battery. You ever tried any other flavours? As I said, cappuccino is gorgeous!  :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

i liked absinthe flavour and red bull lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pete C

After a few attempts with the little 'cigalikes' I bought a better kit and finally smoked my last cigarette on 1st January 2012 and been vaping for 4 years 3 months now. Glad to see there's a couple of fellow vapers on here.

I developed mild 'shinyitis' which is the vaping version of GAS and have a modest collection of 'mods' and tanks. The innovation and improvement in vaping gear this last 4 years has been amazing. Newbies have a fantastic choice these days.

Health and money-wise its one of the wisest decisions I've ever made !

Vape on and #Celebrate the Vape !

Pete

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800