"Sometimes You Gotta" an improvised Hook original (Ovation Idea)

Started by Hook, April 02, 2016, 05:26:21 AM

Hook

Sometimes You Gotta
Time:
0:00
Volume:
25+ years ago a buddy of mine & I would improvise originals like this, he would play guitar and I would make up lyrics. We would do it live and let the audience pick the style & title or subject matter. I've gotten away from that but this guitar makes that easy. I need to see how it records with a little more aggressive playing, I just know it's gonna clip like crazy, The biggest flaw is the lack of recording settings, in fact it's a set recording level and it's not set well., not sure however if it's the pick up or the condenser mic as they are blended into the final mp3.

I improvised this early this morning, trying not to wake anyone.
Sometimes You Gotta
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Liking this Hook,
I know what you mean about keeping Quiet, I get up around 4.30 and play my guitar lucky enough I use my solid guitars and add the singing later....
You are doing so well with your new Ovation,
Keep them coming.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Hey brother - almost missed this. Great bit of off the cuff writing - it does sound like you are trying to be quiet as well :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Kenneth

Im fixing a leaking tap while listening - thank god for this song as i'm going crazy trying different cartridges! Thanks Hook.  :)
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman