"A Different Me" a Hook original (2nd on Ovation Idea)

Started by Hook, April 01, 2016, 05:37:15 AM

Hook

A Different Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I did this one the same day I did "If I Had Wings", last Tuesday, same day I got the guitar.It is also completely improvised in one take. Again, this guitar (Ovation Idea) was a very short lived experiment combining a MP3 recorder & condenser mic into the pre amp. It also has an aux. in but I haven't messed with that yet. I don't plan on really using it for recording purposes as much as writing. I've been struggling to write my 3rd album of kids music & I hope to use this tool as motivation and change my process a little. In the past I've written a song, produced it & then moved on to the next. This time around I'm going to write 30 songs, then produce them, then make the album...why not right.

So these 1st few recordings are tests drives if you will.This was recorded on the BEST setting & I did do a little leveling and normalizing in audacity. I'll probably do a video this weekend to show the process with the guitar.

A Different Me
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Never seen these guitars Hook, sounding good though. Nice song, gentle and reflective.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

You come up with some great ideas off the cuff.
This guitar is going to be a great writing tool.
You have a lot of really unusual musical instruments and you are a star when you use them in my opinion.
You give us so many tunes on this site,and I really love the video stuff you produce.
Sitting in the car recording in a sunny atmosphere sounds like heaven to me.
Rock on my friend.

bruno

Wow brother - that's a stunning song and performance. That's an inspirational instrument.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

I too have not seen these guitars, As you say a great thing for song writing,

Beautiful performance here, well done.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Quote from: kenny mac on April 01, 2016, 02:41:36 PMYou have a lot of really unusual musical instruments and you are a star when you use them in my opinion.

Agree with Kenny!

Loved the warm feel of the song! Emotional performance!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

Sounds good to me. A little clipping on the vocals, but for a new piece of kit you're finding your way around it admirably. Great song too - I'm astounded that you can improvise something of this quality right off the bat. I atke my hat off to you, mate!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

steelguitar

Quote from: kenny mac on April 01, 2016, 02:41:36 PMYou come up with some great ideas off the cuff.
This guitar is going to be a great writing tool.
You have a lot of really unusual musical instruments and you are a star when you use them in my opinion.
You give us so many tunes on this site,and I really love the video stuff you produce.
Sitting in the car recording in a sunny atmosphere sounds like heaven to me.
Rock on my friend.

All is already said above.
Love the voice and the sound of this guitar

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Pine

Once again, a well played and very nice song. Gentle and soothing....reflective.

What the song lacks in production it makes up for with your inspirational spontaneity.

Cool new piece of gear that i think will work out well for our SC "mobile recording star".
recorder
Boss BR-1200