"If I Had Wings" a Hook original (1st with Ovation Idea)

Started by Hook, March 31, 2016, 05:56:24 PM

Hook

If I Had Wings
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok, if you don't know about the Ovation Idea here you go. It's a guitar designed for songwriters with a built in MP3 recorder & a condenser mic also built into the pre amp. It also has an aux jax so you can bring in and record tracks, not sure i'll use that.

I really dig it alot. The recording quality isn't amazing but it's great for capturing ideas. I'm anxious to see how it handles outside, wind noise & background noises, etc. It doesn't have any controls for the recording levels besides  GOOD & BEST options. This track was done with the good setting. I did mess with it in audacity a bit, pulled down a few peaks & leveled it out. On all my songs lately I've been adding a duplicate track of my final mix & putting compression on the duplicate, then mix it under the original mix. Then I render, level & normalize, so I did that here also.
I don't expect this to replace the BR80 in anyway & I still wish for a peaceful, quiet house so I could use the DP24 but I think it will be great for caturing ideas in the moment.
This tune was completely improvised in the car, words & music, on the spot.
If I Had Wings
written & Recorded by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Congrats for the new gear!! Guitar and recorder in one bundle!! I think that's good purchase for your needs!

Nice song as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nice song Hook,
The Ovation sounds good,
What a great idea a guitar and recorder all in one...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

fenderbender

That's a great idea guitar with built in recorder
Nice tone from the guitar -
Mr. H how do you keep coming up with new songs ????--
Your good man-good-

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Yeah it's a great idea, (no pun intended). I wonder how many songs have slipped through the fingers for the want of having a guitar and a recorder handy. Good buy I should say.     Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Cool stuff, Hook.  The Ovation looks and sounds the business and seems made for the way you make music.

Paul

Farrell Jackson

A very decent off the cuff recording Hook! The idea of having a built in recorder on board the guitar seems tailor made for you. Where is the condenser mic located? It picked your voice up well but does it also pick up the guitar sound at the same time?  Nice song and sound!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pipes

Soo good for those spontaneous recordings...Must be a good addition to have.

Great song and love spontaneity in life especially in music :)

Thanks for the post

Great

Nick

Pipes

..and that Guitar is beautiful in sound and looks... ;)

bruno

I'm sure I commented earlier - clearly not. What a great songwriting tool, look forward to very many more Hook songs written on this guitar - awesome tune brother.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600