Recording newbie

Started by little_chick, April 21, 2009, 09:37:25 AM

little_chick

Hey, everyone!

I just got a Micro BR.  I've never worked with the recorder before, so right now, it's a little intimidating. 

I'm a mom whose been teaching myself guitar for going on 2 years now.  I think recording myself will help me stay motivated to continue learning.

This place is just what I need to figure this little doodad out!

Michele

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Welcome Michele!!
You've come to the right place, and you sure have the right gear to motivate the learning!!

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

Hey Michelle, I typed out a long answer for your "BOUNCING" question, but when I got done I saw Geir beat me to it(good answer btw, Geir)!!LOL! Welcome from Nebraska, USA!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

Sorry Kody !!! Sure you'd have a more comprehensive answer than me. Well ... you can always post it anyway ...

As you see Michele there's a lot of help to get here ... just ask ... it's a 24-7 service 8)

BTW .. greetings from Norway :)

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Hey welcome always good to hear new music hope to hear somthing soon once you get the basics you,ll be off and flying

hello from Glasgow ,Scotland
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

Welcome! Make sure you ask a lot of questions and download the updated manual - It will ease much of the initial startup pains. I just got mine a little bit ago and am having a blast!

Don't be afraid to post some of your work and listen to/ comment on other's arrangements - That will build your skills more than anything else.

Have Fun!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

A hot and sunny welcome from Phoenix Arizona!  I just got my Micro BR about 3 weeks ago and really love it; sometimes it keep me up late at night though...
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

The Reverend 48

Welcome from Manchester UK ;)

Migs

jeebus ... you get welcomes from all over the US, UK and Norway.  I'll add a big hello from Bondi, Australia.  Satchwood is right  I have to be at work in 6 hours and I am still playing with my MBR.  They are truly evil I tells ya.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

BossMicroBRew

A big hearty welcome from FL, US. Welcome aboard. You'll learn tons of stuff from the posts and the members here on the site. For instance, the term "piece of kit." I think that means "awesome" or something similar. So yes, the Micro BR is one great piece of kit. Happy recording!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton