Get Smart

Started by Blooby, April 20, 2009, 08:55:57 PM

Blooby

Get_Smart128
Time:
0:00
Volume:

For those of you that read my earlier posts, you know I became stir crazy while looking after my sick mother.  The result was my purchase of a very frivolous Kaosillator.  I have since moved my mother 500 miles north to Atlanta, GA over a four day trip.  Since we were moving slowly, I had way too much free time on my hands in hotel rooms.  I guess you can figure out the rest.

The impetus was to make a funky rhythm track to solo over.  I took the last two-thirds of the solo off and inserted a Kaosillator solo.  I then gestated for a bit as I didn't know what to do with the last third (I was thinking sparse acoustic piano from a friend), but I struck on using a loop pedal to record a solo and then record it in its reverse mode (instant Jimi).  Bass is courtesy of the Boss octave pedal through my cheapo Strat.  Drums were programmed after the fact (in the Br).  I want to tweak the mix, but it is what it is.

BossMicroBRew

Blooby, killer track man. I've been scouting out Kaosillators, myself, due to posts on here. I had been looking at the Korg Nanopad, but this thing is cool. Anyway, off subject. You tweak what ya want, but I think this is really crafty and well put together. Best wishes for your mother's health. Let's here mo of that Kaoss...
AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

I just want to say that you are a very good guitar player, sir...I've had my eye on the Korg too because of this community....Wow! I'm really impressed by it on this track, but not as impressed as I am with your guitar work....The reverse solo is unbelievably COOL!! I don't want to start getting religious on here, but I feel for you man~ Good Luck!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

WOW this is just great!!!!

If you'd only posted the 1. third I would have been amazed. GREAT solo!! Really amazingly good!! Your fingers seem to flow effortlessly over the frets and hit just the right notes.

If you'd only posted the 2. third I would have been amazed. GREAT solo!! Korg should really sponsor this site :)

If you'd only posted the 3. third I would have been amazed. GREAT solo!! Even backwards the timing is perfect, that's easy enough on a slow floating song, but a song with this beat, now that's something quite different.

great work

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Blooby, very cool indeed. The Kaossilator solo is brilliant, sounds just like a Keith Emerson synth solo! You've certainly got to grips with that baby. Great funky track here and the different solos make this a really cool piece indeed. Keep going with the Kaossilator - I want to hear more!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Amazing track!

that is such a cool piece of music. I love it. The synth sounds brilliant and your guitar work is just great.
Hope your Mum is better, but what a gift she gave you eh? An opportunity to produce work like this.

It's fabulous.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Blooby... this is remarkable! Your guitar skills are something else, but that Kaosillator really steals the show with its prog-rock solo 'freak out'. To say you've mastered it is an understatement. A real one man band... !  :)

The Reverend 48

Awesome...... the song was kicking without the kaosillator but you have really got another fantastic instrument in your bag.....

Bluesberry

Holy crap that is goooooooooooooooood.  I have not yet figured out the kaossilator enough to get this kind of keyboard solo sound, I love it.  You have showed me that the Kaosilator is only limited by one's imagination and taking the time to play master it.  Great guitar playing also.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Totally terrific!!! 8) Sweet K-Pad, and your guitar performance is magnificent. Very talented, you are! Hope your mom gets better.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover