Another Country (Own Comp)

Started by tafka, April 20, 2009, 10:58:04 AM

tafka

i am basicly a cover merchant who loves doing what i do.
so when i read comments from people like you i feel very humbled.
like i say ....i can't write a shopping list.

TJ.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

dragonshade

But you created this... and this is a masterful composition. Masterfully composed (written in the best way, as a finished piece), and also masterfully performed. 

jerome11

Tony, perfect man.

Presumably, he is from a planet, name of 'guitar world.'

Tony's guitar is crying. He (or might be she) has a fantastic voice. She is led by tony's good command.

What a master of guitar man is!!

B.G.

Bro

Love the lead guitar parts, you are, as always a kick ass guitar player!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Rata-tat-tat

Tony,

I've got some lyrics and an inspiring idea hear. Do you mind if I post???

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

tafka

go ahead Tod i would be very interested with what you come up with.

TJ
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Rata-tat-tat

Hey man... this was a great joy. Very interesting... My very first attempt at rapping ??? ???. I'm sure it's not what you were expecting. I really didn't expect this either. Just kinda happened. It felt good so I went with it....

Hope you like. I would be very interested in colabing a finished product on this one.

Couldn't figure out how to post on this thread so I moved here. Sorry dude... maybe someone steer me right on this.

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/tony's-'another-country'-(w-rata-tat-tat)/0/

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ferryman

Quote from: Witchita on April 23, 2009, 04:23:16 PMi am basicly a cover merchant who loves doing what i do.
so when i read comments from people like you i feel very humbled.
like i say ....i can't write a shopping list.
Nothing wrong with doing covers, but IMO your original work is better than some of the songs you are covering. It's well worth developing it further, because it will allow some of the unique skills you have to really show through. When you do covers, we can't help but compare you to the original version (and usually it's a pretty good comparison). On your own stuff it's clear that you really do have compositional skills and can create something very special. Nothing wrong with collaborating if lyrics are not your strong point.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR