The Raven's Dream

Started by Pine, March 02, 2016, 07:40:05 PM

Pine

The Raven's Dream
Time:
0:00
Volume:
After a loooooooooong dry spell last winter, and health issues, i considered selling all my gear.

Wife said "No!" Friends said "R U nuts?"

Wrote this song and tried to use almost all my gear.  Strange piece. Is what is i guess.

Still haven't sold anything.

Helllo to my old friends here. Hope you are all well.

Pine

recorder
Boss BR-1200

bruno

First tune of the day is a new Pine track and a wonderful, wonderful open tune it is. envoking images of forests and wild open spaces. This touches your soul. Brilliant.

I got a sense of what you are saying myself - illness puts you into a scarey place where you wonder if you will ever be able to do it again, whether it will take away part of you. I made the decision sat in a hospital bed, a year ago, to keep at it, and am out the other side now. I've decided to keep at it as long as there is a breath in my body. I'm glad I did, it saved my sanity and helped me recover.

Listen. The ONLY reason to sell your gear is to buy new gear - this will always be in you. Cast such thoughts away. Peace.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

What a brilliant start to my Morning,
This is beautiful Pine so beautiful,
Its so good hearing you again,
I, now and again consider selling all my gear, I did it once several years ago, within a month I had replaced it all,
So if I were you I would keep my gear and keep giving us more of this top class music.
Take care....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

Cast the thought of selling your gear away .... Not making great music like this would be a crime .... It's got to be good for your soul I know listening to it is good for mine Thanks for sharing!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

Noooo oooooooooooooo, Don't sell your gear,you make great music,this song is excellent,such a great song yo chill out to.
This will be on my iPod when I'm chilling on a beach on holiday soon.
Excellent track.

Oldrottenhead

hope you are keeping well you old dog.

don't ever consider selling your gear or i'll come round your house and skelp yer arse.

fabulous! so much variation and great arrangement.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Excellent instrumental song Pine! I can almost imagine to in the Northern Appalachians...perhaps it is that pan flute(?)...
Very relaxing piece of music!

I forbid to sell any of your music gear ;) and hope everything is ok with the health issues. Welcome back!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Fantastic Pine!  Right off you've established the image of a Raven taking flight across the white forest with a slight dusting falling. The pan flute gives me a pan-oramic view from the Raven's eye. Fine guitar work and the banjo is icing on the white cake. Now with an impact like this that your music has, strike the notion of selling your musical gear. I hope you just had a moment of insanity that has been replaced with saneness. Music lights the path for us all whether we created it or someone else did. Here's to your health, friendship, and more fine tunes Charlie!

It's great hear some new music from you.....Be well my friend!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

fenderbender

Great to have you back Pine  8) 8) 8) 8)
You certainly paint a great landscape with your music --
Glad you did'nt sell your gear-that would be a BIG sin.

Stay healthy buddy and keep making music-

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pine

wow...I didn't expect such a huge, kind and supportive response from so many of you after not posting for over a year. It seems that you have all gone through a similar thought pattern.
My Mom died a few years back and after having to go through all the material and financial post-passing procedures, I just didn't want my wife to have to deal with all that. It would be hard for her to know what to do with some things, especially my musical gear. So, when I ran into health issues and everything collected dust for a couple months, the thought was maybe it was time to sell. After some time and more thought, I realized that not only is my gear not worth all that much but now that I am retired, I need a creative outlet to keep my sanity. Some of the real physical homestead stuff has gotten to be a bit much for me. So I decided to keep what I had. Last fall, I again saw too many cases in my small studio, so I sold both my Rogue resonator guitars which I never seemed to play anymore. Within a month I regretted that...so I amended the situation by buying a nice Gretsch "Boxcar" vintage 30's reissue resonator that I just love. Also bought a Seagull "Merlin" . I've played both a lot and the lights in my studio have been on a lot more the last few months, even tho I haven't written much. I'm old and beat up but still on the right side of the grass as they say ...so i'll not be selling off until the end is clearly insight...and at this point, that could be another 20 years, who knows. Still jammin' at 85...now wouldn't that be a hoot!
  So again, thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome back. I've been unable to get the players here to work but 64 is helping me with that. You guys have always been inspiring and helped keep me motivated musically, which can sure be challenging for me.
   Just one last note...the flutes I play are Native American flutes, not pan flutes. Most are built by Odell Borg out in Arizona at www.highspiritsflutes.com  They are very user friendly compared to the traditional side address flutes. Check 'em out. Very calming, centering, and entertaining.

peace & good health to you all

pine

recorder
Boss BR-1200