Radio Days

Started by Tramway, April 19, 2009, 04:53:44 PM

Tramway

Radio Days
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A new song which yearns back to simpler days before being successful.  Although I haven't yet tasted the fruits of musical success.

dragonshade

Very nice man. Cool, calm, relaxing. If I can mention constructive comments... I'd bring the vocals down and back a bit to give a somewhat haunting feel. Then in the chorus add a vocal harmony. I think that would really tweak this into an even more beautiful gem. Hope you don't mind my thoughts ;D.

OsCKilO

Nice one!

Deep and relevant lyrics. V.Good playing.

Quote from: dragonshade on April 19, 2009, 06:51:42 PMI'd bring the vocals down and back a bit to give a somewhat haunting feel. Then in the chorus add a vocal harmony. I think that would really tweak this into an even more beautiful gem.

I agree. The vox is strong enough to survive some treatment. Breaking it up a tad with a load of reverb would add that nostalgic, haunting sound (just like old the radios before DAB).......

Sounds good as is though......

Great post!
8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Smooth song ..... Really good. Great playing.
Your voice kinda reminds me of Mark Knopfler 8)

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Very nice work. This is a well constructed song and you've recorded it extremely well, the production and general feel is great. Great guitar playing as well, subtle but well done and a nice controlled solo.

A couple of thoughts from me. I'd be tempted to add some more guitar in the chorus to differentiate it a bit more from the verse and to help build it. Vocal harmonies on the chorus would be good as well, as dragonshade suggested. Your pitch on the first "Radio Days" in the first two choruses is a little uncertain, and some backing vox would strengthen the vocal change from the verse. But these are minor, it's still a very well done song.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Geir on April 20, 2009, 12:45:38 AMSmooth song ..... Really good. Great playing.
Your voice kinda reminds me of Mark Knopfler 8)
G.
I totally agree Geir

launched

I like this a lot - great performance! A complete song is the toughest thing to do with an MBR, so congrats!

Hope to see more,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Great job with this song,  fully realized, well played, really great lyrics, that melancholy feeling is deep here.  It sounds very deep.  And really nice atmospheric solo.  It all adds up to a great song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand