Recording:- "Good bye for now"

Started by OsCKilO, April 18, 2009, 07:13:55 PM

OsCKilO

Salaam for now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Sorry...

I accidently deleted the MP3 on the first post and couldn't get it back up again.

This one is called "Good Bye (Salaam) for now".

It's about losing someone important who has always been there for you, and trying to keep the faith that it's not the last time your paths will cross.

It's also about realising that through the lessons you have learned from that person, they will always be a part of your life. Every time you do something right that they taught you, it's adding to there legacy and memory.

I worked with Kai again for this one and tried to keep it simple and instrumental.

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 18, 2009, 06:34:13 PMJust flipping beautiful osckilo.  I love the sound of that acoustic strum going on there.  The synth strings are spot on.  You could lay lyrics over this and it would be really good. 
Quote from: Migs on April 18, 2009, 06:42:03 PMthat is wonderful oskilo
Quote from: Geir on April 18, 2009, 06:50:13 PMaaahh yes this was really beautiful !!!! A lovely tune indeed. Even without song it sounds lyrical to me.

G.

Thanks for the comments and support Guys.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

launched

Hey! How could I have missed this? Been glued to my shartbox all day... Anyway, this would be great for some vox - you can anticipate the flow and put some gluey melodies here. Why not put yourself to the challenge? As you can see from the posts I'm not a great vox man myself, but nobody's going to sing your song for you - just try it out and you'll get used to it.

Bring it on, man!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

this is what I call easy listening.   Relaxing  Very nice!

dragonshade

Screaming for some deep, haunting lyrics. This is a stunningly nice, yet simply BEAUTIFUL piece.

Ferryman

Very nice chord sequences you have here coupled with a nice dreamy keyboard - great potential for vox, bass and more. I did find the guitar a bit heavy on the bottom end, but I am listening through my good quality headphones which may explain it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

The syth strings are really cool....

Satchwood

Very peaceful, kind of new-age spirit therapy.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Again thanks for all the feedback guys.

This was the first recording of this song.

Never tried to play it with anyone before.

It was written just before my dad died, and never put words to it.

It stayed instrumental , and thought we'd keep it this way. People saying they can hear lyrics in it already is a nice thing. I'm sure we can all share in the experience of losing somebody, but not express it in the same words. We'll leave this one open for the listeners to put whatever they meaning/lyrics they want to the song.

The lot of you are all highly accomplished musicians/artists.

To get the thumbs up from you guys is a constant morale boost and shows us we're on the right track!

Me and Kai had a jam session at a rehearsal studio today.

There was a drum kit present in the room.

Kai said "oh drums... wouldn't mind a go of them"

Little did I know he was a highly accomplished drummer.

He had not played for 12 years, but hasn't lost the touch.
I didn't expect that!

We were able to play a whole load of different stuff and styles given this new addition.

We will try to do something new for the next post.

There's also a new bassist in the running's.

Thanks again...

Tharek and Kai

(Osckilo)  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Migs

Hey Osckilo

Just thought I would let you know I listened to this on my iPod again this morning coming in to work.  It really took me out of the ratrace for a while.  On my iPod it plays in to Tom's instrumental piece "Voices".  That came on just as I was leaving the underground train tunnel into the light of day.  Was a really weird feeling mixing where i was with both tunes.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !