Paul Kantner Dies (Jefferson Airplane)

Started by Groundy, January 28, 2016, 11:37:43 PM

Groundy

Paul Kantner, one of the giants of the San Francisco music scene, died Thursday. Mr. Kantner, a founding member of the Jefferson Airplane, was 74 and had suffered a heart attack this week.
His death was confirmed by longtime publicist and friend, Cynthia Bowman, who said he died of multiple organ failure and septic shock.
Mr. Kantner had a string of health problems in recent years, including a heart attack in March.
With Jefferson Airplane, Mr. Kantner pioneered what became known as the San Francisco sound in the mid-1960s, with such hits as "Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit."
Rest Easy Paul.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

ODH

Sad.  Never really knew anything about Jefferson Airplane, I'm sure I would have loved them.

He was lucky to have been young in 60's San Francisco and on the same gigging scene as the Doors, Love, etc.  I get nostalgic thinking about it and I wasn't even there.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

steelguitar

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Farrell Jackson

I've had my head buried in the studio for the last few days so I missed this sad news. Living within a two hour drive to San Francisco my entire life, I had the privilege to see Jefferson Airplane in concert as a teenager and budding musician. Their album Surrealistic Pillow had a major impact on me....I wore the grooves deep on it. I didn't realize, until I read the news, that Paul Kantner was a co-writer of "Wooden Ships" along with David Crosby and Stephen Stills. He was a true revolutionary..... in music and with protesting "the man" in lyrical commentary. RIP Paul Kantner..........

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

RIP - it seems to be a bad start to the year.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600