Morning Mist, Evening Fog (Instrumental) * see new thread for song*

Started by Bluesberry, April 17, 2009, 08:11:56 PM

Bluesberry

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

*** I remixed this to bring the lead guitar down a bit,  when I tried to re-attach I ended up deleting the song attachment, and now I cant re-attach it so I am going to post it in a new thread.*** see link for where song is now: https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/morning-mist-evening-fog-(instrumental)-t2469/0/

I have a new instrumental to share.  I was inspired by some of the great instrumentals posted on here lately.  Also, I wanted to play around with my new Kaosilator.  And, I wanted to try an experiment.  I wanted to use the MBR like a blank canvas and paint a picture with music.  I plugged in and recorded the first thing that came into my mind, this inspired me to put something else down, etc until I had used 4 tracks.  I bounced and kept doing this with the empty tracks, bouncing when they got used, moving parts around, adding parts.  I let the sound of what was coming generate the next idea.  I played with this most of this week.  Let me know what you think.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Hey BB, this is really tasty.

And your process was very different from my usual MO, where I have things at least 50% predetermined before I start committing tracks.  I'll have to try this method and see what I come up with.

I played with a Kaossilator today for about 15 minutes.  Very tempting little toy.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Migs

Good job BB.  Did you do a drum track first ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

launched

Nice work, BB. I'm glad you have recovered after the memory card meltdown. I felt pretty bad - never had the experience with music, but have totally been there with work issues (I develop software and provide managed services similar to the forum provided here). Bummer, man...

Excellent guitar work - great tone. I'd like to play that way someday.

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Aaaahhh  BB, I KNEW you were brewing on something ...I could feel it ...and then you come with this.

WOW man this really warms an old PAA's heart. Excellent job on this one too BB. With this tempo you'll have a stellar album ready by summer.

G.
(PAA: prog-addicts-anonymous )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

IMO this is your best work by a mile 8) 8)
I was a bit peeved cos I was enjoying Phase1 so much I didn't want it to end :o
I enjoyed the whole piece but thought the lead guitar on phase 1 was perfect
Lets hear more of this stuff 8)
BTW I have listened on both my monitors and cans and the production sounds great on both ;)

The Reverend 48

Quote from: 48 on April 18, 2009, 05:13:23 AMI was a bit peeved cos I was enjoying Phase1 so much I didn't want it to end :o
Now I know whats coming I love the whole thing but its far too short...... 8) 8) 8)

Bluesberry

*** I remixed this to bring the lead guitar down a bit,  when I tried to re-attach I ended up deleting the song attachment, and now I cant re-attach it so I am going to post it in a new thread.***  Thanks for all the great comments, this one was a lot of fun for sure.  Geir, I am a member of PAA for sure.  I consider Genesis (P.Gabriel vs) and Jethro Tull in my top 10 bands of all time, so that is part of my musical vocabulary for sure.  I find myself getting a little more complex and proggy with each piece of music I write, I just cant help myself  :D

*** I remixed this to bring the lead guitar down a bit,  when I tried to re-attach I ended up deleting the song attachment, and now I cant re-attach it so I am going to post it in a new thread.*** see link for where song is now: https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/morning-mist-evening-fog-(instrumental)-t2469/0/

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand