"Disinterested Eyes" a Hook original w/video

Started by Hook, January 22, 2016, 07:18:45 AM

Hook

Disinterested Eyes
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this a last week and recorded the Uke/vocal on Monday in the parking lot of the movie theater I saw The Revenant at. I did the acoustic bass/vocal the next day in-between gigs. It took me till this morning however to get the video together, done in Wondershare Video Editor. This was all recorded with the BR80 mics in the car so that's pretty much what the new bass sounds like. The lyrics are on my phone which wont charge hoping to take care of that today.
Disinterested Eyes
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hook you are one of a kind-
I cant keep my eyes of your uke -love your chord sequence-and to add some iceing your bass playing
cool!!!!!!
you put a big smile on my face ---
Everything is good with the world--
Nice song and lyrics.

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

danieldesete

Great post once again Hook !
I love the song, I love the sound, and I love the style !

Cheers

Daniel
hou hou ha ha

thetworegs

Excellent Performance Hook ...do you live in that car??. ;D.....every time i see one of your videos taken in your car it brings to mind a British comedian, i don't know if you know Rob Brydon who in this Marion & Geoff series is always in his car keeping a video diary in his car after divorce.....it's a shame he wasn't a musician as well ...although he does do a ver good Tom Jones Impression .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJsPslSXRU

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

bruno

That's such a cool song and video brother. If I did that in the UK, there would be misty windows, frost whilst breathing, and playing with gloves and a wooly hat (it was minus 6 degrees yesterday morning - bloomin cold). Mind you, as we drive on the correct ( :P) side of the road here, I wouldn't end up putting the bass through the driver side window (unless of course you are a leftie).

I love this track, the way that the vocals are slightly delayed from one another at various points - that sounds so cool. Love it.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

Quote from: bruno on January 22, 2016, 11:16:45 AMThat's such a cool song and video brother. If I did that in the UK, there would be misty windows, frost whilst breathing, and playing with gloves and a wooly hat (it was minus 6 degrees yesterday morning - bloomin cold). Mind you, as we drive on the correct ( :P) side of the road here, I wouldn't end up putting the bass through the driver side window (unless of course you are a leftie).
B
;D So True..

Hook, Your'e a star...
You always do the business..
Great piece once again...

A big Thumbs up here...

Alex    #)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Superb job here!! This makes me play my dusty uke again ;D

Very melodic tune with simple instrumentation. the bass gives a good flavor to your song!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Minimislism at it's best, loved the video.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

I'm finding it hard to keep up with all your videos Hook lol.
I go and do a bit of recording,come back on the site and there's another great video.
That bass looks brilliant and sounds brilliant as well.
Another great song and the acoustics in that car sure great,you have a unique way of recording,between,in car,portable studio,portable gear.
The world is your oyster,you could be recording anywhere in Florida  ;D
I think you should start logging where you were at the point of recording,,,,,,,or do you have a favorite spot?
Nice one mate,keep them coming.