Newb, just bought my BR

Started by robsmith, February 28, 2008, 07:24:15 PM

robsmith

Hello,

Just bought a new BR on ebay for a really good price.  Have begun reading the forums, it looks like this will be a great place to come for help.

I am looking to record primarily acoustic tracks and overlay leads and use for jam sessions and to practice.

I have been playing for a long time, but never really recorded anything.  I was really drawn to the BR cause of it's small size and many features.

Looking forward to getting started with it!

Bob

Pedro

Hey Bob, welcome! I'm sure you'll find this place useful for your recording skills.

Do you mind telling how much did you pay? I'm quite interested in knowing how much these things cost when used.

Yeah, the small size seems to be the machine hook. And also the low price.

Well, hope to "read" you more in the future.  ;)

robsmith

Hello,

I bought the BR from Ebay (new in box) for $157.50, plus $10.00 shipping.  This was a little lower than what they typically go for.

Still haven't received it yet, gives me more time to read up on it and download all the software!

Bob

Pedro

Seems like you got a pretty good deal!

robsmith

Hello,

The BR came finally yesterday!  I have been attending a monthly jam of acoustic musicians and I brought it along to record it.  The built in MIC did pretty well.  I pulled the capture  (3.4 hours!) over to the computer and used the BR converter software to convert it to WAV and split a few of the songs off using Audacity, saved them as MO3 and put them back on the BR for practice purposes.

I'll post some of the songs soon.  I have spent all day experimenting with the different effects and all I can saw is WOW!  This little box is quite awesome and will be lots of fun, once I learn all of the features and get fluent with the menus.

Bob

Pedro

Yes, it has some great sounding effects and has a lot of possibilities. Especially for electric guitars.