I'm back!

Started by StevieM, April 17, 2009, 01:49:39 PM

StevieM

Hi guys ( and girls :)), not been on for a while but I'm back now. Got a bit of catching up to do, I think. There's been some really great stuff posted recently, just got to find time to give it all a listen properly.
Not had time to play much, not done anything with the Micro, not even sat down and sorted any more words out properly :(
One of the things I've been busy with is this------
It's a CSL that I've customised a bit. Stripped it right back, fixed it where the neck was coming away from the heel a bit, did the Celtic designs in pyrography, made a bone nut and saddle, and fitted a 4 band active pickup with under saddle transducer.
Not the best pics, and the colour's a bit odd, but it gives you an idea.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

BossMicroBRew

Great reason to be gone for a while! The artwork on this is stellar. I'm not sure what pyrography is, but I'm guessing that pyrography = fire + your designs on the guitar. What exactly did you do for this method?
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Kody

Sure is a beauty, Steve.....looks like a time consuming project that was very rewarding when you were finished!! MAn!! She's breathtaking!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Wiley

Very Cool!! Great work.  I've tried a little of that fire work on dried birdhouse gourds before.  Very technical.  Much harder to do than one would think. Again beautiful job.

StevieM

Thanks for the positive comments, got to admit I'm pleased with it ;D.
You're right BMB, pyro=fire. Basically it's like using a soldering iron, but more controllable. Could go into more detail, but probably boring for anyone that doesn't want to know. If you want more details PM me.
(I'm NOT writing this bit, 'cos I know the general feeling about selling stuff on here, and that's not what I'm doing, but it's on ebay. Hope it goes, then  I can do more. ;))

Working on a solid body natural wood finish, and a through neck ( probably Bass) as well. I'll post piccies when they're done.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Ferryman

Wow, that guitar's a beaut. I've used a pyrogravure, but that was for making model soldiers and I'd better say no more about that! Couldn't do anything as impressive as you've done there. Welcome back and make some time for the MBR.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

that is great work-maybe i'll get my old wood burning kit have at my breedlove-lol

i'm starting a project Kay acoustic-it's in rough shape though-might only use nylons on it when i get it back together
or i could make a planter for my girlfriend with it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

i'm starting a project Kay acoustic-it's in rough shape though-might only use nylons on it when i get it back together
or i could make a planter for my girlfriend with it
[/quote]
Are you going to post before and after pics, Guitarron?
Most people put plants in planters----or are you hoping to grow another girlfriend? ;D

Go on Ferryman, tell us about your soldiers, I dare you!!

I'd rather be able to play and sing like you lot, but there you go, we all just work with what we can do.The difference is, most people could learn to do what I do, but I've not got a lot of hope the other way round :(. Oh well

The Reverend 48

Welcome back Stevie....... that guitar sure is a thing of beauty :o 8) ;)

Geir

Great looking guitar Stevie. Sure looks like you've had your hands full. welcome back.

g.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........