Sisulu Road

Started by BillW, January 04, 2016, 12:00:40 AM

BillW

Sisulu Road
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hope you enjoy.
"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

Redler

Cool instrumental song, Bill! Drinking my morning coffee with this toe tapping tune! Sounds very good!!

Well done!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BillW

Thank you Redler. Enjoy your coffee.
"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

chapperz66

What a cool tune, Bill.  DAW?  Soft synths?  Tell us more - I'm always keen to hear the back story, method etc.

Paul

Hook

Cool rune, I'd like to know what your working with too. ..burning just nosey.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

BillW

Thanks guys. I use the apple logic pro x on a macbook. Controller is an arturia keylab 61, which includes their specialty soft synth moog and other simulations of the old analog synthesizers ("analog lab" as it's called). That's what generated that lead melody voice. The whole song was about delivering that "very serious" message, whatever it was. How do those things get stuck in our heads?! Anyway, the logic arpeggiator came in handy on one of those layered elements with the marimba sound. Love that thing! Those African voices came readily from logic's world voices library making a nice little contrasting bridge. The drums are all from that logic Drummer which is an amazing value all by itself. I can especially appreciate the thing, as I ,as many of us, started out creating drums with those most pathetic loops way back when. Remember those!?  (I sound like an apple salesman don't I? Sorry about that.) I think the only so called apple loops that I used were the bass drum beat that augments the drums around 1:52 and some Indian cymbals.
  By the way, only the old player seems to play this all the way through without skipping back to the beginning of the song at random spots. Any idea why that is?
~ Dalai Lama

Groundy

Nice one Bill, Good start to my day.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

BillW

Glad you enjoyed Alex. Have a great day!
~ Dalai Lama

Very creative Bill with a strong melody line. I enjoyed this a lot. I still use Garage Band controlled with either an M-Audio keyboard or a Roland JD-Xi, I've only just started using keys and I sure have a long way to go to reach this quality.
Top notch post.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

BillW

Glad you liked it Willie. I love garageband which is what I started with when I went to mac. Did some of my favorite stuff with it.
~ Dalai Lama