New musical thingy

Started by bruno, December 28, 2015, 12:54:57 PM

bruno

Well a home brew synth to be precise. More a present to myself. Paul built one of these, and offered it to me - I couldn't resist. The youtubes don't do it justice - it sounds like a beast!!!! P6 Polysynth.

http://www.audiothingies.com/

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Sounds are great.  I am confused, though.  I it a sound module you have to play with a midi controller?

Blooby

bruno

Blooby, its a hardware synth controlled via MIDI, similar to a soft synth - but dedicated hardware and knobs that you can physically turn :-) This is a digital synth, with 18 oscillators - using it in mono synth, well it is an animal. There are many analogue synths in this format as well, including the Shruthi (which is a hybrid) - although the P6, it has to be said, sounds incredible despite being digital. NB the youtube video does not do the sounds any justice. I plugged it in, and though it was going to melt my face off. There is a whole world of these home brew/kit synths with a massive following of people - a whole new world. I love the sounds though!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Gotcha. I have a sound module I should break out one of there days. I got in on the cheap for some decent Mellotron sounds. Look forward to hearing yours. Have you DIY'd yet?

Blooby

bruno

Blooby - Literally bought it a few hours ago. Been thinking about buying a Waldolf Blofeld - thought I'd ask Paul about them (as Paul loves, eats and breaths synths), and happened to mentioned that he'd built a P6, didn't think he wasn't going to use it (he's got three in different models in build at the mo), and asked if I wanted to buy it. Hell yeah! Plugged it into the 1600 and had a play - sounds incredible. Next project in planning :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600