Spent the day playing live music yesterday......

Started by Ferryman, April 16, 2009, 02:05:22 AM

Ferryman

Had a day off work yesterday to spend the day rehearsing with my buddies from my old University band (which was 30 years ago....). Great fun to be playing with a band again, although the drummer was still a machine (hope to replace with a real drummer for live work). We plan to play the occasional gig, and got offered a possible festival slot by the guy running the studio in which we rehearsed. So a day of intense proggy post punk loud music coupled with a possible gig offer can't be bad!

Did take the MBR but the room acoustics made it hard to get a decent recording. I'll see if there is anything postable, but I don't hold out much hope.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Davo

Sweet man I cant wait to hear some of this stuff!
We named our drum machine Shane after our old drummer.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

I still prefer real drummers for live work even if not many of them can actually keep time!

I'll try to get some material recorded. The original material is a bit wacky in places, if you can imagine ELP meets the Stranglers with Brian May on guitar.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on April 16, 2009, 02:17:03 PMThe original material is a bit wacky in places, if you can imagine ELP meets the Stranglers with Brian May on guitar.
Now that sounds interesting for sure, I cant wait to hear this!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Post of your stuff Nigel if it ,s as good as the mucic you,ve posted here it will be excellent.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

Quote from: side effect on April 17, 2009, 08:14:43 AMPost of your stuff Nigel if it ,s as good as the mucic you,ve posted here it will be excellent.
AGREE !!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

02_Colt_45
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Sadly the rehearsal recording didn't come out well. We were playing in a recording studio so the walls were very dead and the sound was very "locational", which meant I couldn't get the MBR to pick up a good balance of all the instruments (no reflected sound or "live" feel). So in the spirit of at least sharing some of the wackiness, here's a demo we recorded in a grubby four track studio in 1978 (yes, you heard right). It's called Colt 45, the sound is pretty bad but you can get an idea of the weird crossover of styles. I'm doing vox but had dropped playing bass at the time (I'm back on bass now). And you can also see what some of us looked like when we were young....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Holy sh*t that is cool Nigel.  Your voice sounds amazing for this style of music, and you guys were pretty damn tight.  I love the sound of this.  If you guys play like this today it will be very cool indeed, there is a need for music like this to be played out in public.  This is real music for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand