Dont Surrender

Started by marcus_gloom, April 15, 2009, 10:03:40 PM

marcus_gloom

Ferryman, I would be glad if I can hear this song with backing vocals. Harmony is not really one one of my strong points so I opted not to attempt doing it.

dragonshade

Where is all this new talent coming from???

EXcellent first post, fantastic song. I stand amazed... well put together, a fine work.

SE

Really nice song well put together with a very good result lets hear somemore of your work
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

A very nice loVe song Marcus!  I really like it, and like the way you sing:

"The moment you lose control"
         and
"You can take rest within my arms
My baby don't be scared"

When I first listened to the line "I will comfort you", I almost thought that you said "I will come for you".....which seems to work for your tune as well - what do you think?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

I stand in awe!! A great first post.  Killer lyrics and I loved the guitar solo.  Was very haunting.  Gave me chills. Great job!

marcus_gloom

Satchwood,

You're right, during the songwritng, i really came to a quandary regarding wheter to use "come for you" or "comfort you" on the first stanza.

But i opted for "comfort you", to give the line a unique accent which makes it a bit non-typical.

Thanks for the nice comments!

marcus_gloom

Satchwood

Don't surrender, not now....definitely my new favorite line in the song!

Great job again, and thanks for sharing your work!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

You sing this really convincingly - it sounds like the words mean a lot to you. I like that kind of emotional commitment in a song. You've done a great job with this - from the writing, through to the performance, and lastly, with a spot-on production. Don't let work take away your talent - your BR needs some more songs like this running through it. Let's hear some more - you'll always have listeners for thoughtful, well-written songs like this on here  :)

marcus_gloom

Tim Green,

Wow! Encouraging words coming from one of the greatest songwriters in the forum!

I have your songs running on my playlist.

Thanks so much.

marcus 

Oldrottenhead

QuoteWhere is all this new talent coming from???

EXcellent first post, fantastic song. I stand amazed... well put together, a fine work.
wow.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann