"Thud"

Started by Blooby, December 22, 2015, 08:46:52 PM

Bluesberry

Who the hell wouldn't love this, its got it all, composition, great playing, creative ideas flowing, groove baby groove, Rick Wakeman soiling his pants, fantastic acoustic sounds that just caress my soul, blissfully music making........whats not to love.  Your acoustic part kills me, thats what i like right there, that kind of thing.  How did you record the acoustic part?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 30, 2015, 10:53:07 AMHow did you record the acoustic part?

Washburn (as seen in the AlachuaMet videos) I got on the cheap through a Presonus Eureka Preamp into a Rode NT-1 microphone. I would still like to do a version with vocals during that section.

Thanks for listening and commenting folks.  Happy new year.

Blooby

T.C. Elliott

It's not easy getting me to dance in my seat at that tempo, but you managed it right from the start. I love the guitars. Tone and playing and space. (definitely not sucky) Ooh, great sounding acoustic. A perfect minimalist mirror to the main riffage. I'm in all the way. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London