"Nostalgic" a Hook original

Started by Hook, December 10, 2015, 06:54:52 PM

Hook

Nostalgic
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Haven't had much time lately but managed to put this one together over the last week. 8 mono tracks, I used the Tascam 008 for 2 track simultaneous recording of the guitalele with the irig and a guitalele/vocal track with my AT2535. I also recorded 4 tracks of roland handsonic on the 008. Then I transferred the tracks to the BR80 and added the bass & electric guitar lead (my Traveler).
1 guitalele/vocal
1 guitalele (irig pick up & app)
1 drumset (RH)
1 kick drum (RH)
1 aux percussion (RH)
1 congas (RH)
1 Ubass
1 electric guitar
Nostalgic
written & performed by Hook
I feel
nostalgic for the
simple things that used to be

Not quite as
hopeful as that fragile
innocent face in my memory

years seem to harden like concrete

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Nice one Hook...
So much going on here....
Well done....
Sounding Good.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

You've put all well together! Nice job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

Very beautiful sound loved it . another great
Hook original cheers Neil 1

bruno

Very cool rhythm track on this - amazed that you can keep it all together - sounds great. Great and thoughtful lyrics.
Great tune brother.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mike_S

This is giving me a bit of a Stone Roses vibe i think, or something from that era. Yep, a loada stuff going on here, maxing out on the senses in a very cool way. Sounds great.

Cheers

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

brawtastic reminds me of the fragility of the flaming lips.

can relate to those words too.

my first bout of nostalgia was at 10 years old, i had lost my dinner money for school and ran home, but no one was at home. so in a panic i ran to my gran's, quite a distance away, by the time i got there it was too late to go back to school. so she left me at the record player whilst she made calls to get my mum.

i put on Roy Orbison's "Oh Pretty Woman" and it took my back to my early years (i know) when my aunt's would push the sofa's to the side when "top of the pops" was on the TV and they would dance in the middle of the sitting room.

i'll shut up now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann