G.A.S. Manifested - Line 6 M9

Started by Blooby, December 08, 2015, 07:01:22 PM

Blooby

I have a weird array of pedals for a guy who plays out acoustically. I go from the guitar > volume pedal > auto-wah > Leslie simulator > twin delay pedal > looper.  I was watching a video with guitarist Oz Noy (fascinating how he uses effects), and he uses both the M9 and larger M13. With an added expression pedal (which can control just about any effects parameter), I realized I could swap the M9 for the Leslie, auto-wah, delay, and volume pedal for gigging. The G.A.S. could not be denied. I got a decent deal at Guitar Center online in their used section.

It's pretty brilliant how it is set up. You have an A and B slot for three "pedals." Basically, you can have access to 6 pedals with any three effects on at a time. These configurations of 6 different effects can be saved in any of 24 different "scenes." It even has a looper, but I'm too familiar with my Boss unit to give it up. This looper allows for reverse and half speed (-1 octave) as well, so I know it will get some use.

There are 100 total effects with multiple flavors of chorus, flanger, phaser, filter (including a Mutron III model), octaver, reverb, delay, Uni-Vibe, Leslie, compressor, EQ, and overdrive/distortion/fuzz. You can also stack similar (or even same) effects if you wanted to mess with three delays for some ambient weirdness, etc.

it's even more brilliant how you surf through menus and save. When you choose an effect, five parameters can be adjusted with the knobs under a screen. There is no saving as it just remembers what your last settings were. Can't imagine it any easier.

It came last weekend, but I haven't had the time to futz with it yet. Looks like Sunday will be the day.

Blooby

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely