The Unlikely 2015 Christmas Single

Started by artokh74, December 07, 2015, 07:15:20 AM

artokh74

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

During this week, I'll be posting a few X-mas themed songs as the Unlikely 2015 Christmas Single.
Here is the first track.  A sort of a self-parody more than anything. After all, my characters have a strong tendency to end up dead in my songs...

https://soundcloud.com/arto-hietala/christmas-reaper?in=arto-hietala/sets/the-unlikely-christmas-single

SwanSong

WOW interesting concept . very original . enjoyed
all the way congrats Neil !!

bruno

Very cool track, well done.
NB if you mark this as a festival submission, it should be added to the YuleFest jukebox :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on December 13, 2015, 06:49:42 AMNB if you mark this as a festival submission, it should be added to the YuleFest jukebox :-)

Unfortunately, I can no longer add Soundcloud-hosted MP3s to the jukeboxes (I tried). :( I need a direct link to the MP3 file and companies like Soundcloud go to great lengths to prevent direct linking. I used to have a trick for finding the URL of the MP3 at Soundcloud but it no longer works - they must have changed something.

artokh74: If you attach your MP3 to your post or provide a direct link to an offsite-hosted file (alonetone is good), I'll be happy to add it to the YuleFest jukebox. But I can't add Soundcloud-hosted songs. Sorry.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

artokh74

Thanks for the tips guys.  I've had trouble recently uploading mp3's here on the server, apparently due to high file sizes (320 mp3s), so I figured in a hurry I'd just rather link for now than make a new another file with inferior quality.

Not really sure that this is the kind of song that most people would prefer to hear among all the joyful ones at x-mas time so maybe better leave it off the jukebox. :) This way it's only heard by people who've actually seen the title so they'll know what's coming.   

Some cool stuff in the Festive jukebox for sure.

Yep. this is a goody, goes pretty much hand in hand with my idea of Christmas.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800