Anyone want to come and see an old Songcrafter live in London?

Started by Ferryman, November 23, 2015, 02:44:56 AM

Ferryman

Hi all, long time no speak. Life has got in the way of home recording, work has been too hectic and stressful to allow any time or motivation for songwriting and recording. But I have been doing a little bit of music because a band I was in many years ago (see here: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5591.0) has been featured on an obscure (and I mean obscure) CD of "long lost bands from the punk era" (see here: http://shop.detourrecords.co.uk/epages/es785745.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es785745/Products/RUBBISHCD014).

There is a gig to "celebrate" the launch of this CD on December 12th at a venue called the "Sinbin" in North London and my band Dry Riser will be playing. So if anyone is in the area and wants to come along they would be more than welcome. We are on quite early so it won't be a late finish for the older folks among you all! See attached poster for details.

If anyone does make it, do come and say hi, if you can get through my security people and the throng of groupies and liggers. If I don't see you, happy Xmas etc to everyone on here and I do plan to be back on here at some point in the future.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Nigel!

Nice to hear from you, 12th December - I'm not sure if I can make it but I'm going to  give it a good go! I'm in London on the 10th, all I need to do is arrange another meeting for the 11th....

Have a great time nonetheless, I'll say hello if I make it!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Oh I'd like to make it (I might be able to get a gig later in the evening) - I'll let you know.

Best of luck!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

It would be great to see you both, do let me know closer to the time if y ou will be there.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

break a leg, Nigel, afraid i will not make it would love to have done but alas.

hopefully this will lead to a full time reunion where you give up your job, buy an old Bedford van and tour Britain.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Yep, break a leg - I can't make it (family do)

Quarter of an hour change overs all night, eh? I'll be interested to hear how well that works out!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

So cool, I'll talk to the wife about it and check the bank accounts and take off work and buy some luggage and cut my hair and eat a banana....sorry man, can't make it but break a leg. Video?? At least sneak in an MBR for a recording.
Rock On!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

The commute proves a bit much, but I hope there will be audio and/or video.

I had to look up what "ligger" is. Apparently, I haven't been hip for many years.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

This reunion sounds like a lot of fun for you and the band Nigel! WOW 28 songs on the CD and 5 are from your band, Dry Riser. It's a bit far for me but I wish you the best of luck with the show. Maybe it will generate some more gigs for you all?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

Thanks all, I suspected some of our cousins across the pond and those in the farther reaches of the UK (ie outside London) might find it a bit too far for about 30 minutes of punk/prog mayhem......

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on November 23, 2015, 05:11:50 AMhopefully this will lead to a full time reunion where you give up your job, buy an old Bedford van and tour Britain.
One of us has already given up his job and another is close to it, but that's because they have retired! Shows how old we really are.....

Quote from: Blooby on November 23, 2015, 08:00:58 AMI had to look up what "ligger" is. Apparently, I haven't been hip for many years.
I sounded hip? That must be good, considering this is actually the band that used to play the Ubiquitous Beaver song in 11/8. But we dropped that as being a tad pretentious (although we do have a song called 42/8 because that is actually the time signature....).

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 23, 2015, 08:08:44 AMMaybe it will generate some more gigs for you all?
We do plan to do one or two more but the reality is we only have about 30 minutes of material we live too far apart to rehearse regularly (and write new stuff). We are also getting on a bit!

Quote from: AndyR on November 23, 2015, 07:43:33 AMQuarter of an hour change overs all night, eh? I'll be interested to hear how well that works out!
LOL, we all smiled at that. I don't think they know what they have let themselves in for. The rest of the lineup is 1-2-3-4 basic punk bands. We have had to trim back our setup to fit on the stage - the keyboard player is only taking one stand full of keys instead of the usual two and the guitarist isn't taking the midi effects board, just his custom Kaoss pad setup. Should be a laugh though.  

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR