Prog/psych song needs vocals

Started by Redler, November 18, 2015, 10:02:08 AM

Redler

Guest of Sirius2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Today I listened to The Lamp of Universe and got an inspiration. I played one chord on acoustic Martin and flavored it with telecaster, Kaossilator, TJ Cello and drums! I purchased Alesis DM Lite E-drums (second hand) a few weeks, ago. I imported the drum track onto FL-studio and added tons of reverb on it!

Recorded this all with BR-80.

At first, I think this could be instrumental, but later on I considered that perhaps vocal additions may be a nice addition, at least on some spots!

I gave to this a project name called "Guest of Sirius" ;D

This is the longest song I've ever written - 4 minutes, 20 seconds!

Thanks for listening!

Here's version by Pipes: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24394.msg297674;topicseen#new

e: typo.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

This is beautiful, love the way the cello and the guitar are intervened, and how it all flows.
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Really nice job on this, Kari. Reminded me a bit of Nick Drake in spots, especially with fingerstyle guitar and TJ cello. Amazing what you can do with just a single chord.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

oh i'm just at the intro and already loving it. you realise i will be downloading this to play with. won't be tonight tho . pubquiz hosting to do.

bloody magic Kari. you are a "one chord wonder"  ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Big atmosphere from the off, cello and guitar working wonderfully well, the change up with drum addtions are cool too! Great work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Thanks for commenting!

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on November 18, 2015, 12:50:40 PMoh i'm just at the intro and already loving it. you realise i will be downloading this to play with. won't be tonight tho . pubquiz hosting to do.

bloody magic Kari. you are a "one chord wonder"  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, yes...that describes me, an old punk rocker, very well ;D

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Picked up the acoustic and had a noodle-fest. Very cool atmosphere on this.

Blooby

Kenny B

This is fantastic Kari ... great sounds and playing.

And so much potential.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

This sounds great Karl. Would love to hear if somebody adds something to this, sounds great as it is though. Full of brooding tension with lovely exotic flavours added with the instrumentation.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

I missed this one .
personally for  me it's too strong as an instrumental to find my way in vocally to add anything that would enhance the song any.
It has a great interaction going on there with the cello and guitar.
To me it works great as an instrumental.
Nice work Kari.