Hello from the USA!

Started by bostjan, November 11, 2015, 08:53:11 AM

Bluesberry

Welcome from the East coast of Canada.  From reading your little introduction I know that you will fit in real good around here.  I am glad you found us.  I can't wait to hear some of your songs and music.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

Welcome to songcrafters Bostjan, from sunny and cold N. California! Not many of us have had any formal training in recording. Mine came from just doing it over and over until it I thought it was ok to let other folks hear what I was doing.

Farrell Jackson
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

A Warm welcome from Dunkeld, Scotland......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

fenderbender

Welcome from Dublin Ireland.
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

leighelse

A big welcome from New Zealand. I'm new here too, and I agree with you: this site is the best kept secret of the internet so far as songwriters and home recordists are concerns. I look forward to hearing some of your work in due course.

Best wishes,

::Leigh
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

bostjan

Having started home recording back in the 1990's, and just barely starting to publicly share my recordings starting in 2015, getting active on Splice in 2018, and now I'm very proud to say that I'm now featured on a compilation album!  I feel like there is still a lot of growth I need to try to do, but for me, this is a pretty major milestone.

About the album:

Here's a link to the album: https://www.amazon.com/Microtonal-Freedom-Compilation-Benefit-Ulbricht/dp/B07LFJGM1V/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

All of the proceeds go to Lyn Ulbrecht, whose son was sentenced in US court to two consecutive lives in prison plus 40 years for starting a website (known as the Silk Road).

Each song on the album was recorded by a different artist, and each artist uses microtones (scales that do not use the standard 12 notes of the conventional keyboard).  My tuning of choice has 19 notes, such that F# and Gb are actually not the same note/key/fret.  I've been using that tuning since around 2003.  Other artists there use different tunings: for example, Brendan Byrnes uses 22 notes per octave, similar to the scale used in Indian Classical music, but modernized; The Mercury Tree uses 17 notes per octave, which is similar in spirit to the 19 note scale I use; and Biptunia uses multiple tunings all at the same time.