I search songrafters community collaboration for a cover of Eric Bogle " ...

Started by Jean Pierre, November 03, 2015, 06:34:39 AM

Jean Pierre

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

..the song is "the green fields of France"

after listening the cover of Tommy (Fenderbender) "now i m easy"  I was very intrigued by this folk singer Eric Bogle ,that I did not know

I have listen  to many of its songs on YT and among that,  this beautiful song "the greens fields of France

I posted an e-mail to Eric Bogle and  he immediately answered me

I wished to make one cover of its song "green fiels od France"

Here is his answer:

QuoteHello Jean Pierre

Yes of course you may cover my song, I'd be pleased if you did, and if there is a chance of sending me a copy of your recording I would be glad to receive it. My postal address is PO Box 1037, Unley,  SA5061, Australia.

I am especially pleased that you are recording my song because I have been a supporter of Medicins Sans Frontieres for some years, only in a financial sense through regular donations of course, I have no medical skills they could use.....

I will be appearing at the Lorient Festival in Brittany next year, I am looking forward to it, I have never sung in France....

Kind regards

Eric

I naturally thanked him
 here is my answer:

QuoteI am really honored by your permission

... Naturally if the level is correct (for me) I shall send you a copy of cover,  I make party of a confédération on the Internet of amateurs (some are really very well) of music which is called "songcrafter.com"(some members are Australian and of other Scot ...)

I am enchanted that you support doctor without borders (I worked on Gaza with a doctor Australian anaesthetist ...) you can see here my videos on my formations missions in Nepal (Kathmandu) and Gaza

mission in Népal, here:

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=-uZvAP72wco  

miission in Gaza, here :

https://www.canal-u.tv/video/canal_u_medecine/medecins_sans_frontiere_physiotherapie_des_brulures_a_gaza.10461  

thank you Eric Bogle, you are a great person  

So Tommy I would like to make the best possible version with the  songcrafters community rather than to make only this cover

So Tommy
Would you accept  to make this song with me, (and others) ?

And who acccept to make voices in chorus

I can do a part guitar, wisthle low D, mandolin...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jean Pierre

Oh... sorry

I had not heard this version of my friend Alfstone and you

Excellent version, She reminds me strangely by the tempo and the phrasing a song of Jacque Brel " le moribond " (Adieu Emile) taken back in English " seasons of suns

Usually,  I make a research to see if there was no previous version

... But I like so much this song which I shall try can be to make an alternative and different version with another orchestration:  it is a real challenge!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Jean Pierre

GREEN FIELDS OF FRANCE v1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
for Tommy if he can sing this song....

the try first stanza of "green fields of France

fenderbender

Hi JP I cannot sing the song in the key of F-too high for me -
I could sing it in "D" if that suits .
regards

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Jean Pierre

GREEN FIELDS OF FRANCE v2 in D for tommy just to try one stanza
Time:
Volume:
OK Tommy here is just the first stanza in D measure 3/4

witj just piano and strumm guitar just to try if the tone is good

If it s good i send you after the complete verrse with all the stanza

in allowed file in words it s the lyrics and chord i use with the diagram in Band in box (only one stanza)

sorry it a word  .doc not possible in allowed piece in SC, please send me your own mail and i send you the .doc

my mail is  ;D OK thanks for your message 64 guitar

the reference version for the chord i use is the Eric Bogles version here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-1efVkDfE

Groundy

green fields
Time:
Volume:
Hi JP, While I was looking through the site I came across this beautiful number, I did a version of this about 7 years ago how time flies.
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs